New site found today..surface finds

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
I was rained out at work this afternoon and decided to take the scenic route home.Spotted a possible razed site and stopped for a look see.After poking around for awhile I managed to find two foundations buried in the undergrowth.Behind the foundations the grade dropped off and in that area I found two small dump sites.Judging from the refuse, one site was turn of the century.The other looked to be from the 50s or 60s.Found alot of broken glass and stoneware in the older dump but nothing intact.When I return Ill bring a probe and look more closely into that area.The newer dump site had alot of glass and tin and what would have been some awesome toy finds twenty years ago.There are Marx,Wyandotte, and Structo truck parts as well as a large broken Tootsie toy and an unidentified steam shovel...maybe Nylint.It made me sad that the toys were in such bad shape.Given the amount of interesting stuff laying half buried around the area, I dont believe this site has been hunted.I did not have a detector with me but Ill be back when Ive got a whole day to cipher this spot.I think Im going to encounter a boatload of junk so Ive got my work cut out for me, but Im anxious to start sorting.Wish me luck and H.H.....Joe

Attachments

• PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 268
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 270
Upvote 0

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
jopher, Looks Like a Site With Great Potential, Best of Luck & Good Hunting. trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 133.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 133.gif
    12.2 KB · Views: 219
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 133.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 133.gif
    12.2 KB · Views: 217

Jerxs

Apr 10, 2004
NEPA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like your on to something there, GL and HH

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's so exciting to find a new spot....isn't it, Jopher! Good luck. Looking forward to some great finds.

J

J.D.

It's nice to find "goodies" on the surface. It gives you a brake from digging, at least for awhile! I found an old city dumpsite in Redford,Michigan. A lot of stuff still on the ground: Leather horse harness', wagon parts, leather, vintage lipstick tubes, crockery, ton of mason jars, toys, household goods. Most pottery,china broken. Found a silver '59 rosie. It is difficult to swing a detector down there. Hope you find and post more "goodies" Who knows what your detector will help find, next time!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great spot Joe!!!

Good luck!!

;)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe,

Looks like a nice site, good luck... keep us posted on your finds.

HH :)
RR

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Well with those pics being the surface finds I'm sure the detector will bring you some Awesome surrprises when you go back. Great eye you have finding just the right spot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread