Out of Hibernation...maybe!!

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Well the ground finally thawed down a few inches anyway, and I was able to get back out this weekend for the first time since Thanksgiving, (Except for a quick trip to see my brother in California). Found a real nice sterling lady, an 1859 Indian and a large cent that has spent too much time in wet ground. In the second picture is an item that I can not identify. It is little more than a semi circle with four holes in it. The edge has a rope design trim around it. JD found one which is in his most recent post in the first picture. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...Lance

Attachments

• Metal Detecting Finds 2006 007.jpg
    Metal Detecting Finds 2006 007.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 370
  • Metal Detecting Finds 2006 013.jpg
    Metal Detecting Finds 2006 013.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 364
Upvote 0

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Glad to see ya back Lance. I liked your article in the BF issue.

Looks like you had a good hunt to. I love that silver lady. I have some similar pieces but not cast in silver.

Good luck this year man.

HH Jeremy

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lance...we missed you and your posts. I subscribed to W&E Treasures just so I could read your article....and read about all the celebrities on Tnet. I hope you have another successful season. It looks like your off to a great start. :)

Happy Birthday, Comfy!

birthdaymona.jpg

OP
OP
comfyinvermont

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Thank you all for the nice comments and the happy birthdays. It is really good to be back detecting, although the last snow storm put a small glitch in things. Thank you for the information on the silver lady. Someone asked what it said on it. It just says "Sterling".
I am not sure that the plate is a heel plate, although that is a possibility, however there is absolutely no wear on it. There is a very fine rope boarder on it and it is perfect. The three outer holes are countersunk for a screw head and the center hole is not. Sure would like to know what it is. I am including a closer picture of it.

Thanks again, great to be back...Lance

Attachments

• Metal Detecting Finds 2006.jpg
    Metal Detecting Finds 2006.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 165

DetectoDude

May 2, 2004
So. Ca.
Comfy was in California in Feb. and he did quite well, the photos will speak for themselves. I will be going to his neighborhood later this month with a friend I hope we will have some finds to post. The photos are of what Comfy found while here in California.

Attachments

• Lance\'s gold ring.JPG
    Lance\'s gold ring.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 123
  • Lance\'s gold ring.JPG
    Lance\'s gold ring.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 117
  • Lances Silver Ring 1.JPG
    Lances Silver Ring 1.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Lance\'s gold ring.JPG
    Lance\'s gold ring.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Lances Silver Ring 1.JPG
    Lances Silver Ring 1.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Lance\'s gold ring.JPG
    Lance\'s gold ring.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 115

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
LANCE, Welcome Back I Have Missed Your Posts, Happy B Day, Your What Is It Item Looks Like Decorative Hardware Off Of A Piece Of Furniture. Just A Guess, JOHN...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 125.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 125.gif
    101.2 KB · Views: 116
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 125.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 125.gif
    101.2 KB · Views: 121

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread