Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of weeks ago my bestest childhood friend called and we have been corresponding in one way or another, either by the trusty e-mail or by phone. I have been sending her pictures and telling the stories of metal detecting and she was so intrigued that her hubby went and got her one too! Only problem is that its an Explorer II and she nor I had a clue how to work it. ??? She spent the day learning and I tried to help but not with much success. Told her to watch that video and read that manual! 8) Anyhow we spent all day together and had such a great time! We went to the pasture where there use to be a house and she said that a couple of years ago the place had already been hunted. Well I remember all the stories you guys post about detecting 'already hunted' sites and went anyway. ;) Glad I did! ;) After lunch we went to a church yard where we used to go and found modern stuff. The weather here was perfect and so was the company!

Nana ;)

Attachments

• Clay0404.JPG
    Clay0404.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 487
  • Sister0404.JPG
    Sister0404.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 495
  • 1936silver.JPG
    1936silver.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 495
  • 1936back.JPG
    1936back.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 450
  • 0404finds.JPG
    0404finds.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 448
Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Way to Go Nana.....and how great that you got to hunt with your best friend! It doesn't get any better than that! :)

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats great Nana....and such a nice get together! like I said before no site is ever hunted out.....Congrats on the half and all the finds!!!! :) :) :)

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome Nana!! You have a new MD'in partner!!
Congrats on your finds, too...
Good Luck and HH!!!

Joe

Ilovetodig

Feb 14, 2005
Now in Guam
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/ Fisher D2
Hey weren't you just saying "I never find nothing"?????

Congrats Nana, I'm still digging the trash and looking for that coin.

Smartin

Feb 4, 2006
Kingston, Tennessee
Nana,

Wow, guess your bestfriend does'nt need any help. Sure you didn't plant a few finds to get her interest up. Just joking..Her husband sure went for the gusto! Great finds and thanks for the post.

Smartin

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
outstanding!! you must have flipped when you saw that in the bottom of the hole! congrats!!

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
nice finds Nana bet you got a big rush finding the walking half-- guess when you friends husband buys something he buys the best :) -- (can't help it I am a Ex2 user) ;D :D

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Great job!! Wish I could find a place like that. :'( Glad you got out today with your friend and introducing to our obsession!

Happy Hunting,
Moon

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana,

Wonderful finds!! I bet you're thrilled your bestest friend now owns a MD. You both will be combing the country side together. Best of luck and...

PS... Lovely pictures

HH ;)
RR

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Nana, what a great way to get together and reminisce. Looks like a beautiful day and great pics as always. Both of you-WTG on the finds and BIG silver!

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
hmm...
......bestest friend...
......great weather...
......great sites........
......great detector....
......GREAT finds........
......Cute puppy...........
ALL treasures :) WTG ;)

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ya'll! This was my first half dollar to find so I was happy with it. I do hope to get back there soon. We grew up together there and it was really great to go trapsing through the woods and pastures again....gosh I miss being a kid! There was a horse ranch that we would go to and ride. I remember my Mom being so mad because we would come home all dirty! :D There are many places that we didn't get to hunt because for some reason the day didn't last long enough. :'( I did manage to get a picture of a REAL cement pond! ;D There I only found a modern penny and some sort of thing I first thought was a pocket watch...but when I opened it....it didn't look like one anymore. :-\ And I got a pic of another spot there that we didn't get to. Lots of places to hunt here but....maybe we'll get to it next time. ;)

Thanks again!

Nana ;)

Attachments

• cementpond.JPG
    cementpond.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 337
  • 0404whatsit.JPG
    0404whatsit.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 329
OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
next! ;)

Attachments

• phouse.JPG
    phouse.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 342

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Hey Nana. I always love your pictures. :) Seems like all your places look beautiful.

Love those Walking Liberties. Nice find.

Your friend got an explorer II - wow. Just step up to the big leagues, no minor leagues. :D The minelab's are a lot different than the whites but great machines. Hopefully she didn't get to frustrated with it.

Mirage

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread