This is a first...then sorta a second!

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer
I was hunting a field (football) and pulling a fair share of clad being that I THINK it hasn't been hunted before not to mention that the Whites M6 is a coin magnet. ANYway, I was getting all kinds of mixed tones with a sweep, however there was a Quarter in the mix so obviously I dug it. Found it pretty much immediately, and being the disciplined hunter that I am I double check the hole again, and got a dime signal, soooooo, I reached in and pulled it out as well. Upon rechecking the hole I got another and another and another. All in all I pulled out 26 coins from one hole! 8 quarters 10 nickels 5 dimes and 3 pennies ($3.03)!!! WHO carries and loses that much change in their pocket?! It weighed a ton lol. Here's the "sorta a second". I went back to that field tonight, and heading for the car because it was getting dark, I received a dime signal so thought, one more dime before I leave, in the hole there was another, and another, and wound up pulling 2 quarters 4 dimes and a nickel from that hole (7 coins $.95). Prier to that my best multiple was 4 quarters in one hole. Being I'm only doing this for the past 9 weeks, you tell me, is this THAT common? That's my tale for the weekend, Happy Hunting all...Paul
P.S. By the way, my total for this past 9 weeks is $109.00 in clad and I'm giggling!

Upvote 0

Happy Harry

Feb 15, 2008
San Mateo County California
Detector(s) used
ACE250,Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not normal! Then again I do not think finding $109 in nine weeks is normal either. Thats just me. I only found $109 last year. I think you are doing Fantastic. Great job. HHHH

favored papa

Oct 6, 2009
mountain home Idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx
not normal. you must need me to come help you get it straitened out. LOL the best i have done was 14 qt in two small piles about 18 inches apart. or 4 qt in one hole.

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am only at $89.72 for 7 months... so your doing great! keep at it!

Chukers

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I once found 50 dimes in one hole...it was obviously a roll of dimes at one point. One of the 50 was a silver dime. At a baseball field I found a hole that contained over $3 in change and most were nickels. I forget what the coin count was but it was high. My assumption on this was a past fair where a vendor must have been setup on the spot and dropped their change draw while cleaning up. May have been already dark out and they gathered up as much as they could.

Congrats on the finds and the $109 in 9 weeks that is a very respectable clad count.

NJ

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on your coin finds lennon631:notworthy:
I always find that it's better not to question good luck . . . as you never know when it'll run out! :wink:

OP
OP
lennon631

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
N.J.THer said:
I once found 50 dimes in one hole...it was obviously a roll of dimes at one point. One of the 50 was a silver dime. At a baseball field I found a hole that contained over $3 in change and most were nickels. I forget what the coin count was but it was high. My assumption on this was a past fair where a vendor must have been setup on the spot and dropped their change draw while cleaning up. May have been already dark out and they gathered up as much as they could.

Congrats on the finds and the $109 in 9 weeks that is a very respectable clad count.

NJ
That's funny because that's what I guessed as well, must have been a vendor. I get out just about every day, and if I can after dinner for an hour or two, so at least one to three hours a day. Talk about having time on your hands huh? HH Paul

OP
OP
lennon631

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Antiquarian said:
I always find that it's better not to question good luck . . . as you never know when it'll run out! :wink:
Well, I hear the Gvnmt as well as Europe are considering going all coinage again! It cost more then 2c to make a penny, a dollar bill life expectancy is only 18 months long, whereas a dollar coin is 30 years! although not being a popular choice by the public, they are taking careful consideration in doing this. I'm sure metal detectorist have no objection! LOL, Paul

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lennon631 said:
N.J.THer said:

NJ
That's funny because that's what I guessed as well, must have been a vendor. I get out just about every day, and if I can after dinner for an hour or two, so at least one to three hours a day. Talk about having time on your hands huh? HH Paul

Nothing wrong with that...I have two little ones so the only time I have to detect lately is when I sneak out at lunchtime from work. I wish I had more time to detect but there is only so many hours in the day. Good luck on your future hunts.

NJ

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
lennon631 said:
Antiquarian said:
Well, I hear the Gvnmt as well as Europe are considering going all coinage again! It cost more then 2c to make a penny, a dollar bill life expectancy is only 18 months long, whereas a dollar coin is 30 years! although not being a popular choice by the public, they are taking careful consideration in doing this. I'm sure metal detectorist have no objection! LOL, Paul
I hear what you're saying Paul. Here in Canada we've had the $1 coin for 23 years (1987) and the $2 coin for 14 years (1996). These coins stand up really well in our soil conditions here in Ontario. On average, I come home from a playground hunt with $ 20+ in coins. I found $90+ in one beach hunt in Toronto last year, though I was there for the whole day! :D
Good luck,
Dave

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, thats a lot of coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread