Free at last!

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Struggling to get the company taxes done, I was eager to get out. And the worst part.... 2 folks stopped by to ask me if they could MD my land. It seemed like everyone was out detecting but me; I HATE TAX TIME, it completely absorbs a month. But like an addict, :P as soon as I could I grabbed the MD I was gone. It was late in the day so I decided to hunt in my front yard. First dig I came up with the miniball, that alone made me feel much better. Closer to the home I hit 3 indians, a dime, couple of wheaties. In a civil war map book my home is listed and the troops came right past here, so I wandered back out to the road front where I found the miniball, and sure enough I came up with a small brass buckle and a couple of odd iron thingies. It was an hour of enjoyment that I REALLY needed.

Attachments

• 04072006.jpg
    04072006.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 284
Upvote 0

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
WTG Charlene.....Tax season can be unnerving....glad you got to take a break.

Happy Hunting,
Moon

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Taxes...lets not mention that nasty word! Great finds Charlene and glad you are able to get out a little ...Nice finds.

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Charlene, you sure are pulling the great coins out of your yard. Sometime you should put them all in one post. :)

What are the dates on your indians?

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
C,

nice artifacts, nice coins. Sounds like your
place is a good spot to work, and close to
home :D

Tough call; did you let the two folks detect?

have a good un..........

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff.I would go in the crawl space and hunt for bottles also. Those old homes are amazing parts of our history. Good luck and HH.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Charlene! I can relate to the peace of mind and relaxation part, LOL! HH, Mike

OP
OP
Charlene

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Thank you everyone. The last indians are so covered in crud I can't make out the dates. It is nice to live on a piece of land thats rich in history. When the detectorist stopped by, I really didn't say yes or no, when they indicated what they had stopped for, I of course chimed in I was a MDer too. From there I guess they assumed and asked me about several fields close by. I warned them of one farmer that has a terrible temper, a few years back I actually saw him chase down a kid riding a dirt bike and hold a pitch fork to the boys throat for being on his land. What really amazed me, was when they left, they went straight to a field that they didn't have permission to be on (pitch fork farmer land). And I know that is a sore subject to MDers. But it does make it hard for those that try to be up front with land owners, the owners get a real bad taste in their mouth about trespassers. How would anyone react to finding strangers wandering around on their property? Anything on that property belongs to them, whether its buried or not.
Don't even get me started on Hunters though, had my fair share of run ins with them. They travel in from larger cities, don't have a clue as to the lay of the lands, roads, homes or owners. A few years back, I was in the yard playing with my children and their friends visiting when shotgun blast pierced the air. I could hear the shot coming through the trees around us, like a mother hen, I hovered over the kids as the next round was fired and the shot was landing on our heads. I was beside myself. The land had just been sold to someone from out of town and they had told their buddies to feel free to hunt. Now before I say how I dealt with it, I'd like to know how the ladies on this forum would have dealt with it.....

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
CHAR, Nice Finds, Congrats. trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 085.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 085.gif
    10.4 KB · Views: 104
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 085.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 085.gif
    10.4 KB · Views: 107