A few Coins From Golden Gate Park S.F.

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• Rosie&6Wheats112.jpg
    Rosie&6Wheats112.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 599
Upvote 0

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
That's great man! I'm still amazed at all the good stuff you dig out of that park! I wanna go back there!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Great digs! Like oddcoins said I'm suprised there are still some old coins to be found at that park.

OP
OP
Cool Hand Fluke

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Golden Gate Park, located in San Francisco, California, is a large urban park consisting of 1,017 acres (4.12 km2; 1,589 sq mi) of public grounds. Configured as a rectangle, it is similar in shape but 20% larger than Central Park in New York, to which it is often compared. It is over three miles long east to west, and about half a mile north to south.[1] With 13 million visitors annually, Golden Gate is the third most visited city park in the United States.[2]

It's huge. There must be 50 miles of median strips winding through. The park has woods, lakes, water falls, hiking trails, and vast picnic areas. There are still small patches of ground hidden by woods that contain virgin hunting ground. The trick is finding those little hidden areas in that vast maze.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one hugh park. Would b reat to find some virgin spots in it. As the park close to me it is big and still will give up silver now and then......Matt

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some pretty nice finds. That area must have a lot of fertilizer put on it, those coins look like it.

I have found in many parks, the best place to hunt, is where no one else likes to go, under bushes, on hill sides, you name it. Way back when those parks were built, some of those bushes or trees were not there and were actually picnic areas.

HH, Ringfinder

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Thanks for sharing with TNet. It is a really big park. I bet 1,000 people with detectors could hunt on that at the same time, and still not find all the goodies people have lost there! I feel I'm doing real good if I cover 4,000 square feet in a day.

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good to see silver is still to be found, I love it down there its like walking into a forest with the cement jungle on the out side of it, we have just got back with the grand kids and went to the Steinhart Aquarium there a must see place , the park is still the same as the old days just the Hippies have grown up.........just got one questing for ya , is the whole park legal to hunt in,and do you need the east bay area permit to hunt it...........

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You worked for that one brother :) Nice coin!

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and the pile of loot grows a little more ;D nice recoverys!! MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread