Old Ship Deadeye from some shipwreck

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
FISHEY,

Are you gonna preserve it before it falls apart?

Robert in SC

OP
OP
FISHEYE

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As i type its now being bead blasted,then it goes into a electrolisys tank for the next 6 months.

sirlostalot

Jul 22, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did a search for deadeye and came up with this.

Deadeye
A deadeye is a device used to tighten a ship's standing rigging, the ropes used to hold up the masts. This deadeye would have been one of several around the side of the ship that fastened the rigging lines to the chain plates, steel straps bolted to the outside of the hull. The deadeye is made of very hard wood with a strand of rope around the outside edge to fasten to the chain plates or rigging lines. Two deadeyes were used at each line, one fastened to the line and one to the corresponding chain plate. A separate line was rove through the three holes of each deadeye and pulled tight to take up slack in the rigging.

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Interesting... how long were these in use? Any way to pinpoint a date for this one?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey FISHEYE what type detector are you using? 4 and 1/2 feet down's pretty deep for a beach find,well, for me anyway.2-box maybe?

OP
OP
FISHEYE

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Florida American Electronics Mac 1 Turbo Plus VLF underwater metal detector,i use a light weight 10 inch coil for lasnd use,i also have a weighted 10 inch coil for water an a 8 inch coil,the unit is rated to be submerged 300 feet deep.The batteries on a full charge last 72 hours.Its 5 yrs old, the company is no longer in business. its too bad because this detector is far more advanced then anything on the market right now.when i was at wabasso 2 weeks ago i broke the plastic retractable shaft(this is what happens when you work around lots of roots),i replaced it with a carbon fiber shaft that i made,it will not break ever again an now its alot lighter:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread