JACKPOT! PT 900 with Diamonds -Update- Diamond Test Result!

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My usual detecting beach hunt which is a daily ritual. Had a few clad and some little cars but no rings.

After quite a few recent disappointing heart breaking finds got this Heavy Silvery ring with a gem. Looked very good in the scoop. I quickly slipped it into my pocket and didn't confirm what it was since I had another half hour to detect.

Well I kept trying to not get too excited and I was still amazingly able to wait til I got back to the car. First look and my heart sank ... looked like corrosion on the bottom ...arghhh.

But got my glasses off (I'm near-sighted) and looked more carefully. The corrosion was decorative engraving and there on the inside no karat marking but only PT900.

Well OK..then I lost it! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: There's a huge diamond and 2 medium size and 6 little emerald cut. The engraving on the sides looks to indicate an oldie.

Found in dry sand shallow, about 3" deep with my Surfmaster PI+.

UPDATE: Now that my hands have stopped shaking I have another better photo. Hoping to get a reading on that big diamond today ..will post as soon as I know (say 4pm Calif time). HH Joe

UPDATE 2: My good buddy Dan (Captn SE) met me with his diamond tester. He checked the 8 smaller diamonds AND....YES!! REAL!!
Then the Big One........................nothing....................... What the heck .. is your machine working? Try again ... still nothing .... Arghhh it's NOT diamond!
Well, I need a 2nd opinion but it sure looks like they put a CZ in a Platinum ring. Why? Why? Why?

Attachments

• pt0 a sm.jpg
    pt0 a sm.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 9,538
  • pt6 sm.jpg
    pt6 sm.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 9,309
  • pt 2 sm.jpg
    pt 2 sm.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 8,109
Upvote 0

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ring appears to be a Kirk Kara ring, if you check out thier styles you may find one that matches it. They are an expensive designer ring. Super nice find!!

Steve

OP
OP
DrJoePrime

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Goldiver said:
The ring appears to be a Kirk Kara ring, if you check out thier styles you may find one that matches it. They are an expensive designer ring. Super nice find!!

Steve

Yeah I agree it has a very strong resemblance. Mine however does not have a maker's mark except for "NK".

I'm surprised this ring post got a new life...had to take out the ring and look at it again. Yeah, it's a Beauty! The big diamond has a scratch on it so CZ it probably is. Not planning on selling right now ..but maybe one day.

HH Joe

ewcoinhunter

Mar 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-Trac and Sun-Ray Probe
Beautiful ring! My wife has one similar and I know what i paid for it. Hers had a 2.5 carrot in the center with two blue forget what they are called on both sides. $24,685.00 what I paid. I would get it checked. Great find non the less. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

saltednuts

Feb 12, 2011
york county, penn.
Detector(s) used
presently garrett gta 1000 , fisher cz5 and now a fisher cz21 10.5" coil and vibra=quatic 2 pinpointer add another cz21
just a note have that stone checked alot of times they used white sapphires in platinum rings and they are actually rarer than diamonds worth more too has to be right person learned that from old pawn store owner

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread