hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Re: Found just 27 cents today :-) :-) :-)

incredible finds jim! way to go!!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

Very nice Jim. ;D Seated coins are a tough find and seated quarters even more. That is funny about the baby. Of coarse it wouldn't have been if something would have happen to her.

I'm not clear on the "someone else digging the site". Do you mean some private party/individual taking a dozer or something on land that is not thiers?

Mirage

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Way to catch the baby and save the day, Jimi! ;D

Looks like a good hunt. Congratulations on the coins. I have one of those heart heel plates. One of my favorite finds. :)

How did you take those pictures? Did you scan them? They look really nice.

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yo DJ.....That is definitely not a good thing....I had a place that I use to detect and was ruined by the modern day of excavation and new homes....you know the deal !!! but you have some nice finds there anyway....I am most interested in the boot plate on the right , I have never seen that shape before....have the heart,clover, and the cross...But not that design....WTG
Seated coins are not to tough to take either !!!!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DJ,

Great finds!!

HH :)
RR

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds Jim and congrats on the old silver! Like those heal plates too, first few I found here in Germany had me puzzled, thought they were from a small horse, too small, LOL! PS, I'm from south area of Canton OH, what area are you in? Maybe I can give you a tip for a hunt. HH, Mike

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Nice finds Jim. Isnt it just great to get outdoors with the family! Way to go on the bouncing baby trick! I have caught a few of those in my lifetime also ;) Kids who grow up hunting with their parents are just so intune with nature and the world in general! Glad to see you are finding some stuff after your tangle with the woods!!!

suwannee pirate

Feb 12, 2006
Lake City FL
Detector(s) used
excalibur,garrett,micropulse

Nice finds and site Jim , I hope you don't get blamed for the mess that the others left your site in . I feel the same way,theres nothing wrong with others working the same site but the lack of respect for the land really gets my dander up.People like that tend to ruin it for everyone.Thats great finding another seated coin a year later, must be good karma. Good Luck Bob

Dec 27, 2005
Bay Area Ca.
Detector(s) used
White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nice finds and great catch , just a thought try to find someone in the parks dept. and tell them your suspicions oon who you think cut the tree etc. it would not be good if they thought you had done it.....thanks for sharing and HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread