Another Great Day with the ACE 250 & SunRay Probe.

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another Great Day with the ACE 250 & SunRay Probe.

Hi guys, I got out for awhile Saturday and Sunday. I found an Indian head penny, a ring,
and a wheatie Saturday. Sunday was much better. Found a Roosevelt Fairbanks 1904
Baggage Tag, I think or maybe it's a Watch fob, not sure. Gave me a great signal, and I
dug down about 9 inches. I thought what the heck is this signal. Then finally I saw it in
the bottom of the hole. Thanks goodness for the probe.

Also found a badge or something with an Eagle on it. It looks like it might have had
a ribbon on it at one time, it sure is neat. Got a heck of a signal. Also found Victor button
or pin, 3 more Indian head pennies and a V-nickel.

HH guys, Ringfinder

Attachments

• 4 10 06 02.jpg
    4 10 06 02.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 384
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Another Great Day with the ACE 250 & SunRay Probe.

:o What some awesome finds RF! :o

You must have found a really great site!

Congrats!!!

Nana ;)

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts

very very nice weekend,, sweeeeeeeeeet items there .. all in the same area ??

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

What type of areas do you hunt, RF? You always have great finds! Nice weekend of hunting! :)

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thaks guys for the comments. I looked in google for the Roosevlet Fairbanks watch fob
and there are many there, but not like the one I found. I'll keep looking.

For the place I hunt. I look at local County Historical books from the 1800's, in my area
that would be 1860' to 1880's. I look at the township maps and look for the old one room
school houses and church's.

Then I look at the modern day Plat maps of the area or just drive down the roads
and look at the information that I have found in the old books and what it looks like
today. Best places to hunt are the ones that you can't see. But you know what
you can see those places on the old maps. RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH! That is the key.

HH, Ringfinder, P.S. let me know if this helps out and what you find!

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great finds! Keep up the good work. Tsgman

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho

sounds like that combo is working well for ya -- keep it up -- great finds. ;D

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RF,

Awesome finds.

:) HH
RR

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.

RING, Very Nice and Interesting Finds, Congrats. Good Hunting. trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 097.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 097.gif
    3.2 KB · Views: 274
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 097.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 097.gif
    3.2 KB · Views: 274

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Definetley some cool find's RF,The ole double image before and after map's will tell you everything except "where" to find it,that's where we come in.Great job and HH!!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

Some more sweet finds. Very nice. Did you have to dig a lot of junk with this stuff?

Mirage

PS - Is Garrett paying you or something - :D I bet if you had a minelab you would be doing just as well.

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi all, just a little reply about my using the Garrett ACE 250. NOPE, i'm not getting
paid by garrett to say anything about their detectors. Ha!ha!, sure wish I was.
Yes I have a Minlab Soverign Detector, also have a Fisher, Tesoro Tiger Shark, a Detector Pro,
and a Whites XLT. But my new machine is a Garrett ACE 250. Although I like the other machines,
I like the new one just a little better because it is so much lighter. As I have been detecting since
1983, my right arm is starting to get sore. The less weight I have to put on it the better. Yes
I do switch arms, but my preference is the right arm. I also like the way this machine
finds all the goodies I think I've been passing up with some of my other machines. I'm not saying
they wouldn't have found some of the items, but with the ACE, you dig more of the signals.

Well when you guys get tired of that heavy load on your arm, try out this great little machine sometime and tell me what you think. Give it a chance, don't just go out and hunt for an hour, do four or five hours with it. Let's see you do that with one of the heavier detectors, 4 or 5 days a week, two, three hours at a time.

Yes I dig trash with some of the finds. Trash like horseshoes, watch parts, school desk parts and
whatever. YOu know if your not digging trash, your not digging the good stuff.:)

The picture of the baggage tag is not a baggage tag. It is a Roosevelt-Fairbanks Campaign Watch Fob, from 1904. That watch fob was at least 8 inches in the ground. I kept digging and kept getting
a signal with my SunRay Probe and in the bottom of the hole was this shinny thing, the Watch Fob.

HH, Ringfinder

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds RF! I've been sold on that Ace 250 for a long time, heck, for just over $300 I can get the 250, 6X9" and the 9X12" coil with some other goodies that come with, carry bag and headphones. I think I'll get one too, LOL! I have a White's XLT, Fisher CZ7A and an old Garrett MH5 now. HH, Mike

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Way to go on your finds......very nice coins and I like the watch fob too. When I get ready to update my detector....I'm going with the Ace 250. Little girls like me need light detectors ;D

Happy Hunting,
Moon

markgPA

Jan 13, 2006
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites PrizmV, Minelab Explorer SE

Awesome finds!
Thanks for the info. on the ACE250. I've been thinking about getting my brother a machine and that might be it.
HH
Mark G

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread