Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
finally my computer is back up and running + photo's

first photo is some of those brass beads from a cat-o-nine tails lots of sinkers a .45 acp slug and a .30 caliber bullet.

711beachfinds.jpg

second photo is 3 brass beads, 2 pocket knives,a long duck decoy weight,lots more sinkers,a hinge, lots of bullets,various brass pieces, no idea what the iron piece in the top right is.

7910beachfinds.jpg

and finally 2 cutlass handles,2 more pocket knives,and assorted brass and iron trash

8310beachfinds002.jpg

Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: finally my computer is back up and running + photo's

nice haul!!!!!! MR TUFF

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Great looking finds! :notworthy: Love the look of those sword handles . . .
I wonder what those iron things are in the bottom right corner of your last photo? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
wwwtimmcp

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

the iron things in the bottom of the last photo are the cutlass handles. the british cast iron handles onto steel blades(usualy made in solingen germany before 1800)and then added a steel grip with a steel hand protector around it. they changed the steel grip in 1780 to iron with a steel hand protector. these pre date 1780.

most of my cutlass handles have 133 cast into them this was henry knock a london sword maker, he later gave his buisness to his son in law james wilkinson of wilkinson sword fame, they are still in buisness in england.

Skelly607

Bronze Member
May 5, 2010
Danville Va.
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO M6 Ace 250

Glad you got your puter up and going! Nice finds!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

wwwtimmcp said:
The iron things in the bottom of the last photo are the cutlass handles. The British cast iron handles onto steel blades (usually made in Solingen Germany before 1800)and then added a steel grip with a steel hand protector around it. They changed the steel grip in 1780 to iron with a steel hand protector. These pre date 1780.

Most of my cutlass handles have 133 cast into them this was Henry Knock a London sword maker, he later gave his business to his son in law James Wilkinson of Wilkinson sword fame, they are still in business in England.

Wow! :notworthy: Sounds like you know quite a bit about antique swords. Isn't it amazing the amount of information we tend to absorb through our hobbies :read2:
Yet, I can't seem to remember what my wife talked to me about yesterday! :laughing9:

Thanks again for the info, very interesting.
Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread