Newbie, New Find

A

aamber_02

Hey,
I just found this site today and I am so glad I did. I go on an adventure pretty much every day to go treasure hunting...I have found some really cool stuff over the years. For now, I just have a question about what I found today.
- "WEBBS Stubby BEVERAGES" large clear brown bottle. quoted "Zip in every sip" on the front. It's 30 oz.

On The Back of the bottle
"My Friends:
The blending of the delightful beverage from the finest ingredients has been perfected in our labratories for those of dicriminating taste.
Sincerely Yours,
(picture of a saluting cartoon character)
p.s: Serve ice cold"

Anybody know anything about this product? It looks pretty old.

Amber

Upvote 0

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Amber....There are plenty of people in the forum that can help you with your items no matter what they are! Congrats on becoming a member and goodluck in your future digs........!

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Amber, welcome to Tnet. You've come to the right place! ;)

I don't collect bottles but I'm sure there's someone on here who can help you. :)

O

OKIE

Hi just wanted to welcome U to the madness ;D
dimondjim knows a lot bottles he wrote a book on them
check with him. I thank he would be u'r best bet,and he
has some very nice old bottles.
Have fun and HH
Ray

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Possibly it was orange pop from the 50's? But it's before my time. Welcome and good luck. Tsgman

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
AMBER, Welcome To The Forum, Not a Bottle Guy Myself, But Sure Someone on here can Help You. Best Of Luck & Good Hunting. trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 125.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 125.gif
    101.2 KB · Views: 270
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 125.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 125.gif
    101.2 KB · Views: 259
OP
OP
A

aamber_02

Thanks for the welcomes!! Still don't know anything about the bottle but I'm going back to the site I found it at to collect more stuff, there where hundreds of old things.
Amber

S

southbound

Welcome here and good luck with the bottle. Vern

Mighty_Mouse

Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT Pro, HeadHunter Pirate
Are there marking on the bottom of the bottle? And does it have a seam running along the side of the bottle from bottom to top? Also the pontil(circle mark on bottom of bottle) is there letters or markings inside the circle? If theres a seam and letters or markings inside the pontil your looking at a bottle made from 1920s on up. Been awhile sence i studied bottles so might be off. Am sure someone will correct me though :) Trying to find more info for ya but so far coming up empty. Mighty want to try to get an image posted and post it in the bottle section of the forms. (if theres still a bottle section) been awhile.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Amber,

I don't know what the bottle is you have, but I can tell you what I know. One thing is first check and make sure its not from a foreign contry and a modern bottle. Look for Made in (blank) Halmark. ( Foreign bottles appear old and unique to us.)Then look at the top of the bottle is the glass smooth or kind of ruff. If it is ruff its from pre -1950's (date may be higher or lower). They could not smooth bottles or jars good back in the day so the kept them ruff.

Keep @ it, good luck and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread