Lunchtime find

Coffieman1

Apr 7, 2006
Huntley IL
Ok I went out at lunchtime today and found 1 quarter, one dime and eight pennies. So in one hour I found 43 cents. At that rate it will take me 1860 and 1/2 hours to fine enough to tell my wife I spent $800 on my metal detector. I don?t know if I can keep that secret that long.

Attachments

• Coins.JPG
    Coins.JPG
    11.1 KB · Views: 339
Upvote 0

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So it looks like your well on your way. LOL.
Don't dispair. All it takes is the right coin or ring and you've paid for your detector. Also, you need to look at the fun you're having and exercise you're getting.

L

lancemxt2006

lol thats funny...

dont worry the machine will pay itself off.

Take it easy, lance

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
Just tell her that at that rate in 40 years you will have saved $6278.00 and will take her on a great vacation. Just kiddin, you are on your way to some great finds. Just remember to due some research and find some great hunting sites.

RingmanGS

Greenie
Apr 11, 2006
Parker, Colorado
I am sure you will find more as you get more experience. You will find a nice ring that will pay for every thing and then some. Look at my pic, that is my best find ever. Yes, it took me a few years to find one like that, but I had loads of enjoyment while looking for that one. I have plans to find another like that also. Just get out there and have fun. I get out every chance I get. My best year I found over 11,000 coins. Yes, 4,000 were pennies, but hey, that is $40. The average came out to be a dime a coin. I also found 17 Gold rings, 34 silver rings, 2 silver necklaces and 2 diamond pendants that year. One was a 1/2 carat diamond. BTW, when I brought that 1/2 carat home, the wife told me she could keep it safe for me, and she did. We had it mounted on her wedding ring. Now she has her order in for a 1 carat diamond..... So it is out there to be found, just go out, have fun, and see what you can find.

Ringman

R

rvbvetter

So your wife doesn't know you spent $800 on it? hmmm How much would you say it would be worth to you, for her not to be accidently informed? ;D

Not to worry. No matter what you find with it. Just the enjoyment you'll have with it, will be worth many times the $800.

And the times she'll have you out of her hair? Priceless

HH

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
COFFIE, Price of Detector $ 800.00, Amount of Fun Had Priceless!!! trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 032.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 032.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 325
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 032.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 032.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 267

treasure diver

Mar 17, 2006
eastern KY.
I use to hear that I had my cost down to about $80.00 a pound on my ducks & geese.By the way my Treasure Mate pinpointer works real good for finding shot in them. That's a treasure in it's self.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find's Coffieman and good luck on the explanation.My wife can't figure out why I spend $10.00 in gas and only come home with $4.00 in change.Just don't know...Good luck in the future and HH!!

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Coffieman, you'll have good days and bad days. Hopefully, your bad day won't be when you tell your wife that you spent $800 on a detector. ;D

Good luck!

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
You boys are too funny! :D :D You go Coffie! Hope you find alot more. May your swings be few and your riches plentiful!!! ;D

Happy Hunting,
Moon

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D Man....you better get to diggin! :D Find her an awesome ring and if she asks.... tell her the cost was way under a $1000...... "Honey! Happy anniversary....Happy Birthday..... :D " You'll think of something! You guys always do. ;D

::) :D

Dec 27, 2005
Bay Area Ca.
Detector(s) used
White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those coins don't count, think of them as experience in learning about the detecter. then when you find the big one you can tell her the reason you found it cost .43 cents....LOL....HH

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is funny how the wife forgets about the cost when you bring that one ring that she likes. She will say why aren't you out hunting today? HH Burdie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread