Wow! We are hooked!!

OmgFathead

Jul 19, 2010
Cantonment, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Garrett AT pro, Garrett Ace 250
My sons and I have been having the time of our lives with our new hobby! They even put down the ps3 controllers to go "Treasure hunting". We have dug up no less than 3,246 tons of cans and pull tabs ( seems that way ) but even a blind hog can find an acorn every now and then. So here are the pics of what this old blind hog has found with the help of his younger "treasure hunters". Nothing to write home about but some pretty neat items. The hand gun round and the rifle casing are both WW1. The shotshell brass are early 1900's. One of the small buttons reads "Scovill Mfg. Co." and the other reads "United Carr". The military button I have no idea about it doesn't have any markings on the back, any information would be appreciated. The last item is a lid from an early 1900's medicine container and our research found that the "medicine" actually caused more harm than good. Also, my friend found an old brass "FD" button believe the back read "Waterbury". My Middle son also found an old stoneware bottle that we think used to contain "Seaforth Talc". When we opened it you could smell some sort of cologne.

Attachments

• IMG_0484.jpg
    IMG_0484.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 624
  • IMG_0485.jpg
    IMG_0485.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 631
  • IMG_0487.jpg
    IMG_0487.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 635
  • IMG_0488.jpg
    IMG_0488.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 636
  • IMG_0489.jpg
    IMG_0489.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 636
  • IMG_0490.jpg
    IMG_0490.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 643
  • IMG_0491.jpg
    IMG_0491.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 635
  • IMG_0492.jpg
    IMG_0492.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 633
Upvote 0

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice eagle button, that harmonica reed is old also. good relics :thumbsup: there may be some nice older silver at that spot.
welcome to T-net
Pro-

celtex

Oct 25, 2009
Texas Panhandle
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, XLT; ACE 250;Bounty Hunter,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wonderful start! Hit that site some more!

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The finds will get better. But the time you spend with your sons will be things remembered :thumbsup:
HH..Miner

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OmgFathead said:
My sons and I have been having the time of our lives with our new hobby! They even put down the ps3 controllers to go "Treasure hunting". We have dug up no less than 3,246 tons of cans and pull tabs ( seems that way ) but even a blind hog can find an acorn every now and then. So here are the pics of what this old blind hog has found with the help of his younger "treasure hunters". Nothing to write home about but some pretty neat items. The hand gun round and the rifle casing are both WW1. The shotshell brass are early 1900's. One of the small buttons reads "Scovill Mfg. Co." and the other reads "United Carr". The military button I have no idea about it doesn't have any markings on the back, any information would be appreciated. The last item is a lid from an early 1900's medicine container and our research found that the "medicine" actually caused more harm than good. Also, my friend found an old brass "FD" button believe the back read "Waterbury". My Middle son also found an old stoneware bottle that we think used to contain "Seaforth Talc". When we opened it you could smell some sort of cologne.

The button is General Service (great Seal type), 1902-present, your looks kinda WWII era (guess).

Its it better the kids do this instead of stuck in front of their imaginery worlds. This is real life social history they are learning whilst Treasure Hunting.

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat finds!

cellar dweller

Jan 7, 2007
connecticut
Detector(s) used
whites dfx , minelab excal II
waterbury Ct is known as the brass city. with many button manufacturers. Kinda neat you found two. (scovill was in waterbury too). I thought you might be digging in my back yard. :) Love the fever!! its contagious

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WW1/2 button. Glad you are hooked. Give it time and you'll be pulling out some silver. Looks like your on the right track :icon_sunny:

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice button ...welcome to t.net forum !! :hello:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest: