What A Great Day, Bottles And Money!

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Mudslide and I spend the day metal detecting and found some nice finds today.

I found quite a few bottles and Mudslie also found some great bottles and gave them to me. On top of that I found white milk glass lids, some odds and ends and a $10.00! I was so happy to be able to find all of these today and would like to go back with shovels and move some of the dirt away.

Mudslide found a cool cap gun and wheat pennies! ;D

Some of the bottles are:

Atlas Strong Shoulder Mason Jar
Kreml
Listerine Lambert Pharmacal Co
Windex
The Bayer Co Div
Pepsi-Cola
Vernors
Hygrade Beverage
Large Brown Bottles: "Federal Law Forbids Sale Or Re-Use of Thsi Bottle 4/5 Quart" and has an anchor symbol on the bottom of each

Milk glass lids by Ball,Kerr, Boyds Genuine Porcailan Lined Cap

Spoon,metal dish, and half of an old car

It was very difficult to carry all of this back to the car. lol Thank God Mudslide had strenght to help me get them back.

Attachments

• Bottle111.jpg
    Bottle111.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 901
  • Bottle22.jpg
    Bottle22.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 705
  • Bottle33.jpg
    Bottle33.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 974
  • Bottle44.jpg
    Bottle44.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 615
Upvote 0

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great find, like the bottles.great pics keep us posted when you go back with shovels .

tinpan

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent! The Kerr jar was probably made right here in my hometown. Monty

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Pennyworth, What a day you had! Looks lie you 2 had a fun time and a bit of a profit as well. Here's a bit of info on the KREML bottle quoted from Digger Odell

I found a clear bottle 7 1/2 inches tall, square base smooth base, with a thin neck with a small hole for an opening. Embossed on two sides are the words KREML in block letters. Also embossed on one side is the words RB SEMLER INC NEW CANAAN CONN U.S.A. 10 OZ.FL. Can you tell me about this bottle?

Your bottle is a KREML HAIR TONIC bottle made by. RB. SEMLER. The company may have started in Connecticut and later moved to New York. There is a smaller 6 5/8 inch size of your bottle with the New York address. It probably dates to the 1930s

SWR, if knob and tube are valuable then I'm rich.! :o My attic is full of 'em, unfortunately they're still in use. LOL

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Great finds Pennyworth! Looks looks like a fantastic place to hunt! I keep looking for one of those porcelain jars that have CPC on the bottom...big Bucks ! Hope you find some !

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
VERY nice digs.......looks like you guys found the honey hole! Keep on diggin! Where'd ya find the 10 spot? I thought you found that much in clad :D. WTG!

Happy Hunting,
Moon

OP
OP
Pennyworth

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Moonshadow said:
VERY nice digs.......looks like you guys found the honey hole! Keep on diggin! Where'd ya find the 10 spot? I thought you found that much in clad :D. WTG!

Happy Hunting,
Moon

Hi Moon,

I found the $10.00 as I was entering a wooded area. At first I thought it was play money as it was folded up and I thought someone put it there as a joke. Well I'm always curious so of course I picked it up and examined it and I thought it was authentic but looked a bit washed/faded. So I showed Mudslide and she said it sure is real! I was to excited to even hold it up in the light to look for the watermark. Duh! lol

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Wow....that's great and you didn't even have to soak it!! Good luck finding more bottles.....I love those!

Happy Hunting,
Moon

OP
OP
Pennyworth

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Mudslide said:
:o Yikes! Look at all of those things! No wonder that bucket was so damn heavy!!!!!

ROFL ;D You ain't kiddin'. ;) Next time we use two buckets and the packpack. ;D

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky
nice bottles. i love to dig in old bottle dumps :) be on the look out for poison bottles with the skull and cross bones and better,s. they can have a high price on them :) I'm sure you all ready know that. good luck :)

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
PENNY, Very Nice Collection Of Bottles, And Cash Is Always a Nice Find, Congrats. trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 034.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 034.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 1,572
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 034.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 034.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 1,513

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Awesome finds :o

Those porcelain knobs are also used just as much as insulators on fences where electrical wires and stuff run.

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pennyworth, I have that exact same bottle in the upper left corner of the first pic, the one with the double handles. Does your say "Penick & Ford, Ltd" on the bottom? If so, it's an old syrup bottle. Not valuable or rare, but pretty cool anyway. I like the Pepsi bottle and a $10.00 bill is fun to find anyday! HH!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Penny,

You and Mudslide had a very good day. Awesome bottles & a $10.00 bill too. WTG!!

HH ;)
RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions