Island park pics, 4 little injuns, nice to say hi again

johny mc.

May 18, 2005
Hello to everybody...been busy with stuff getting in the way of detecting.......a couple buddies have had some cool stuff happen who frequent here....
markg of pa. was on CBs or NBC news in Philly for returning a class ring...pretty heady stuff................

Tnt has become totally obsessed with detecting to the point he may try it full time....if he's not already.........he kept saying the XLT wasn't finding silver and I said it was him...well it finds silver.........................................

Anyway we've been hitting this old park...its an island now and those guys have been cleaning up.........

Well yesterday I paddled (kayak) over for a couple hours and the pic is of 4 injuns- 02,05,65, and 09.... was hoping for a s mint mark on the 09, use your new redbook and you''ll know why....no such luck........

This park was an amusement park back at the turn of the cent. and was a route for earlier donkey/canal barge travelers.....the entire story of this area is fascinating....................

Well the pics are of the main-land starting point fo the trestle that ran a trolley car over the Lehigh River to the park.....the other pic is on the island ...the big raised mound is where we believe the trolley reached land on the park........three of the indians came from around or on top of this area..... TNT got some silver right there......

We are learning more and more about this Park all the time.......there are pictures of it on defunct amusement parks dot com................
the place was the bomb literally for its time....way ahead of its time.

floods have since ravaged it but where somebody said there is no longer anything left ....we are finding out they were wrong......we are stumbling onto foundations, sand pits, supports, wells, and hopefully privvys.

I share this inform in confidence because eventually some beauracrat with "no life" will end our fun......

Til then yee haw...we are going back on friday...........get the fat lady singing........

Since January I've been on an incredible run: seateds, Ben Franklin, barbers, injuns, wheaties, V's, shields, ................do I sense a gold coin in the picture? why yes I do .................

aloha johny mc. "when you like to detect buy from the best"

www.theadventurelodge.com

Attachments

• SL550461.JPG
    SL550461.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 275
  • SL550446.JPG
    SL550446.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 587
  • SL550447.JPG
    SL550447.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 315
Upvote 0

KenPa

Apr 7, 2006
Easton, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Congratulations on those nice finds john. Maybe you would have found that gold coin if we didn't keep you talking so long yesterday in your store, HAHA. Seriously Thank you for your efforts in getting us the XLT and the great price you gave us and great service. I would highly recommend anyone looking to buy a new detector to check out john as he is very helpful and it is an enjoyable experience going into his store and seeing some of the GREAT things john has found. It's been a pleasure as usual doing business with you and I look forward to getting togeher sometime soon and see what else was left at the island.

Thanks,
Ken & Linda

TnT2000

Jan 15, 2006
Easton PA
Nice indians john...I new that hill would be good. And yes I am in friday...Call me tonight if you get to it... TnT

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
JOHN, Great Looking Site, and Indians are Always a Nice Find, Congrats. Good Hunting. trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 063.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 063.gif
    14.5 KB · Views: 197
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 063.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 063.gif
    14.5 KB · Views: 193

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread