Found old bullet casing and Name Plate: (NEW JERSEY) Need help with ID.

arsurfco

Sep 10, 2008
Hi, So I had a dream the last couple of nights that I was detecting on my parents farm in Wrightstown NJ and I found old relics. Well tonight it was a bit rainy and I wanted to try the Excal 2 on the dirt and not the normal beach I go to so I headed out to the first horse pasture and started detecting. I found a few nails in the first then minutes and then found a old bullet casing that says ( 43 T W ) printed on the bottom of the casing. Then about twenty minutes later I found a old name tag, not sure if it is brass or copper but wanted to see if anyone could help me with identifing what the name plate might be from.
Enjoy the Pictures.

Aaron R.

Attachments

• Bullet and name tag..jpg
    Bullet and name tag..jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 436
Upvote 0

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1943 Twin Cities .50 BMG case (about 4 inches long correct?).

Need better pics of the other item. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
A

arsurfco

Sep 10, 2008
YOur right about the casing, not sure how to add more pictures of the name plate. I was thinking it was off of a helmet or somthing like that... Not sure a brass plate was worn on the chest or not? Any idea what the casing is worth? 5 dollars maybe?

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The casing really has no monetary value other than price of scrap.

As for the other piece. I can see that there is some design or writing on it but can't really tell what it might be from the angle. I'd try to get a pic of it straight on and post it on the "What Is It" forum. Link:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread