War of 1812 L.A. 1st regiment button

U

umrgolf

Yesterday Josh and I returned to the same spot we had picked up a few colonial silvers and nice buttons last week. The property we decided to finish up yesterday was fairly slim on targets, but still managed some decent stuff... Didn't have much to show for myself as the hunt was coming to an end... I tell Josh as I'm swinging the coil, "Hey man, let's get the heck out of here, this place is dry".. Next swing, 'beep beep' :laughing7: I take a look at the screen, it's showing 38-40.. the usual cuff button reading.. I turn the plug and the L.A. button was staring right at me :o ... Until yesterday, I had only seen these on the web :icon_thumleft:

Dirty Digs
IMG_0001.JPG

[size=13pt]A really nice NY coat button ::)[/size]
IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

[size=13pt]Coin button 'Gold Colour Fine Surface'[/size]
IMG_0011.JPG

[size=13pt]Light Artillery, 1st Regiment cuff button (1808-1821)[/size]
IMG_0006.JPG

[size=13pt]Group[/size]
IMG_0012.JPG

Upvote 0

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Killer button, my friend! You guys continue to amaze me. :headbang: Say Hi to Josh for me. :hello:

Kirk

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Kirk PA said:
Killer button, my friend! You guys continue to amaze me. :headbang: Say Hi to Josh for me. :hello:

Kirk

Thanks Kirk :icon_thumleft: Headin into work atm, but I'll talk to Josh on Monday

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one Jeff. Would love to digone of those myself some day. :thumbsup:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking button there Jeff :icon_thumright:
Love the bullets too!

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I'm so in awe of you and Josh. You sure know your spots and your detectors. Fine hunt!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jeff, I first thought it was a War of 1812 button from Los Angeles when I read it-LOL. The way you guys have been routinely digging RARE buttons, nobody would have been surprised. Very nice Bud!! Not many 1812 area buttons are found here in Tennessee. Stay at it and HH, Quindy.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes, that spot decided to give up one more nice find! But we've pounded that sucker HARD. I stayed out there another 2 hours after you left and came up with a couple flat buttons :-\ But hey....im not complaining, we found some really fine relics there! :headbang: The Light Artillery button cleaned up pretty well :wink: :wink: :icon_thumleft: :wink:

P.S. I'll post the civil war stuff from yesterday later. Did get a cool bayonet scabbard tip and a few Minies at the Things ;D :D :wink:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is there no stopping your button bonanza :headbang:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Thanks mainer, never know.. bet u never thought ud find a knee buckle like that :thumbsup: ... thanks antiQ :icon_thumleft: ... thank u Deb :icon_thumleft: .. thanks Quindy, I kinda figured someone would say that :laughing9: after I posted, I realized :D ..lets see the scabbard tip Josh :thumbsup: ive never gotten one :'( ..crusader, this year has been a lot of fun indeed, not more than a week ago I was looking at this button online and telling Josh Id like to dig one :tongue3:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
umrgolf2010 said:
Thanks mainer, never know.. bet u never thought ud find a knee buckle like that :thumbsup: ... thanks antiQ :icon_thumleft: ... thank u Deb :icon_thumleft: .. thanks Quindy, I kinda figured someone would say that :laughing9: after I posted, I realized :D ..lets see the scabbard tip Josh :thumbsup: ive never gotten one :'( ..crusader, this year has been a lot of fun indeed, not more than a week ago I was looking at this button online and telling Josh Id like to dig one :tongue3:

A little like me recently - 'I would like to find a gun flint' & getting one a week later, it happens in detecting. The number of times I have turned to Dad & said we haven't had a 'insert coin type or object' & the next dig :o Every time it happens I quickly say '& we haven't had a Gold Roman Coin yet!'

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

:D :D Cru, as soon as that happened I tried the trick again and repeated myself with no luck :laughing9: I feel your pain :tongue3:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So I get back from my vacation from Charleston S.C. and you're still posting great finds!
I got out a few times last week my self. The heat was intense. I was at this 1700's site and couldn't believe there were no tones. I was thinking the same thing you spoke of in your post, "man this place is empty, I'm bolting" suddenly , I get the beep, beep and dug two Colonial copp's side by side. That was about it for that site. This happens to me too. Keep up the great digs . :)

Nice Jeff.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch: :dontknow: What is that place ??? rare button heaven :angel7: :o :o Your On Fire Jeff :blob8: 8) 8) CMD

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
you guys are hot on the buttons dude! very nice! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

thanks crazyhorse :icon_thumleft: .. 4-H lets see those coppas :headbang: .. Dawg, ive died and gone to button heaven fo sho :D .. thanks HMN :icon_thumleft: :headbang:

ASG3

May 30, 2010
Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking New york button Jeff :laughing9: the LA is another great button for the year :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions