Upvote 0

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
Re: Another ring and it's a CHINA! LOL still 925

why do thoes damn zinc pennies get eaten so fast!!!???? >:(. and hey, silver is silver!!

OP
OP
C

celtex

Oct 25, 2009
Texas Panhandle
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, XLT; ACE 250;Bounty Hunter,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

colorado14ers said:
why do thoes damn zinc pennies get eaten so fast!!!???? >:(. and hey, silver is silver!!

here we have high alkaline soils and it just devours the little buggers. fertilizer does a job on them too.

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI

celtex said:
colorado14ers said:

here we have high alkaline soils and it just devours the little buggers. fertilizer does a job on them too.

you should see some of the one I find at the beach!! I find some with literaly, 1/2 inch of sand stuck to them!!! and its hard to get it off!

EpsilonMinus

May 14, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

You aren't kidding about the pennies... I find myself throwing a good 1/5th of them into the trash, as they are too far gone to do anything with. Man, 70 rings! I thought I was doing well with like five, hah.

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI

EpsilonMinus said:
You aren't kidding about the pennies... I find myself throwing a good 1/5th of them into the trash, as they are too far gone to do anything with. Man, 70 rings! I thought I was doing well with like five, hah.

:laughing9:no,no,no,no! dont throw them away, take them to the bank and they will give you brand new ones. ;D

or.....give them to me :tongue3: :laughing9:

EpsilonMinus

May 14, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

colorado14ers said:
EpsilonMinus said:
Have you taken a jar of rotten garbage pennies that cant even be rolled to the bank and really traded them in? I hear about people using coin machines in banks to dump them but I don't know of any banks in Amarillo that have those, do you?

:laughing9:no,no,no,no! dont throw them away, take them to the bank and they will give you brand new ones. ;D

OP
OP
C

celtex

Oct 25, 2009
Texas Panhandle
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, XLT; ACE 250;Bounty Hunter,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

colorado14ers said:
EpsilonMinus said:

I did and they refused the mangeled zincs saying they didn't have to handle the damaged coins. :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread