My Best Silver Day Ever!! 8 Silvers! Including my First Silver Quarter Trifecta!

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Prizm IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer
Hello, everyone! I have been doing a lot of detecting for the last month and a half and I have really gotten to know my machine. I detected a private yard in a nearby Town and was rewarded with the coins you see pictured below. My previous best silver day was a 6 silver day I had back in late July, this one rocked it! eight silver coins, the breakdown is as follows: one mercury dime, one 1912 French? 50 Centimes silver coin, three barber dimes, and my first Silver Quarter trifecta a Barber Quarter, a Standing Liberty Quarter, and a Silver Washington Quarter!!! all in the same day! I have had one dime Trifecta earlier this year but never anything like this! I was on fire Monday!!! what's funny is I found the Quarters in the exact opposite order in which they were minted originally, I found the washington, then the standing liberty, and I was just about to call it a day when I got this super deep silver signal on my minelab! I dug down next to the sidewalk about 10 inches and pull out a big chink of the dirt and I see a silver edge! I thought "No way" opened the plug and let out a big yee haw when I saw it was a barber quarter! anyway, just thought I would share these finds with everyone. p.s I only found 9 wheat pennies!!!

Attachments

• Copy of 8-30-10 #1.JPG
    Copy of 8-30-10 #1.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 757
  • Copy of 8-30-10 #3.JPG
    Copy of 8-30-10 #3.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 755
  • Copy of 8-30-10 #5.jpg
    Copy of 8-30-10 #5.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 754
  • Copy of 8-30-10 #6.jpg
    Copy of 8-30-10 #6.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 759
Upvote 0
OP
OP
tommyboy72

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Prizm IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer
I use a Minelab Explorer SE with the 10x12 SEF coil. I would highly recommend this combo!! I Bought the minelab in February? and my finds have gotten better and better! and of course Deeper and Deeper!!!

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
WOW dude! Super awesome finds! Congrat's on the silver quarter trifecta! Now that's hard to do! WOOHOO!!!

nhagan

Jul 27, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
amazing finds! dang man i would love to finally hit my first silver! nice hunt man keep it up

neil

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont get much better then that. :icon_thumright:

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer
Re: My Best Silver Day Ever!! 8 Silvers! Including my First Silver Quarter Trife

Very nice haul there, WTG! :icon_thumleft:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MINELAB ROCK :icon_thumleft: sweet frigging haul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MR TUFF

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Congrats on the silver... That is one great hunt right there!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread