Wow..I finally know the Feeling now..My First Silver EVER!!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OLD POST FROM 4 YEARS AGO..Just had to Reminisce

Well, Its been about 9 months since i got my ACE and have been hunting away..Ive tried from Tot Lots...to Older Parks..To Farms...and last week starting trying out some Old Easements in Fort Worth... But today i woke up and decided to hit a new (to me) park i saw driving around yesterday.

Woke up to Major Thunderstorms this morning, and decided to do some Wet Detecting..I actually love MD'ing in the Rain..Beats the 100+ Temps..anyway.. I was there for about an Hour and half..and only found a quarter a dime and a couple pennies..Not doing so good..But then this Older lady (ANGEL :) ) came up and asked if i lost something..i told her "NO I was just poking around to find old coins..she of course gave me the story of how she always wanted to detect but never had the time..But then she told me of an area that had just had all the houses knocked down and removed, and is now owned by the City..she i should give it a try..So i really didnt think much about it until the rain started really coming down..So i got the directions she gave me, which was pretty close..and i saw what she was talking about..a whole neigbour block of "Stairways to Heaven" :laughing7:

So i got out..threw on the my secondary poncho (NEON ORANGE)..and walked up to the first house..saw a bunch of trash and some things i cant mention :dontknow:. And right off the bat i saw with my eyes a Wheatie sitting on top of the ground, a 1940..i was suprised..about five minutes later a 1942 Wheatie...Sweet!!..Then i Crossed the road to the next Plot..( They are all very small lots)..

First Beep told me it was either a Dollar a Half Dollar a Dime or Brass...lol...So needless to say i wasnt impressed because i ha just got that same signal and dug up a Water hose spicket..But i got down..and Dug..and about 3 Inches down i saw the Eagle in the Hole.. A 1943 Standing Liberty Half Dollar

I was in complete shock..I was shaking and trying to see the Date and trying to Call my Girlfreind all at the same time..I was on the verge of crying. i know it sounds stupid..but i was so happy i couldnt hold back any emotions..

I know alot of you find these things by the bucket fulls :laughing7: But i never dreamed that my first silver would be this..I really figured i would find a Silver Rosie or something. Considering i find at least 10 dimes everytime i go out..But This was completly Surreal to me..I Always see you guys finding them..and never understood why i never could..and at first i honestly thought my Ace couldnt get the depth i needed..
After this find..im very happy with it..and its goofey signals sometimes
Sorry to just Ramble on but this just happed about 11:30 this morning.

Attachments

• DSCN3994.JPG
    DSCN3994.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 1,166
  • WL Front.jpg
    WL Front.jpg
    432.5 KB · Views: 1,191
Last edited:
Upvote 3

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW Now thats a way to start off with silver!!!!! :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat:

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Congrats... That's some great silver and to have it as your first, you will never forget it. Keep hitting that place, I am sure there is lots more for you waiting. :thumbsup:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
way to go on the ice breaker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MR TUFF

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
What a great hunt!

Congrats on your first in a big way!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_king:

Coincidentally, my first silver ever was also a '43 walker that I found with a Bounty Hunter. It can be done, as you are proving.

If you have a whole city block that was torn down, you are sitting pretty! Spend more time there as there has to be more.

That old car is really great, too!!!

staydetuned

Aug 27, 2007
San Francisco, California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Yes!!! That is a great story, I love it! Congrats on breaking into the silver in a big way! And like others have said, definitely get on it and pound those virgin lots before anyone else can get to them!

djm of PA

Jun 11, 2010
Carsonville, PA
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac and White's Classic 4
wow very very nice! Good for you, seems like you are the type who deserved to find that. Emotion shows respect for the sport.

Happy Harry

Feb 15, 2008
San Mateo County California
Detector(s) used
ACE250,Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't let anyone kid you the ACE250 rocks! I have used mine for three years. Now I have only found three silvers coins. However they are like yours very nice. I also got a 1943 WLH, 1908 Barber Dime and the most recent 1876 Seated Liberty Quarter. In order they were @ 4", 6", and 2 1/2". Keep at it and HHHH

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would LOVE to find one of those! I know how exciting it is to find your first old silver. I was ecstatic when I found a Mercury dime! My big question for you is---How did you metal detect in the rain with an ACE? If the works at the top get wet it is ruined. I have an ACE and would love to know.

I haven't done any detecting in Ft. Worth, but had a little luck in a park in old Dallas. Found my first Indian Head penny there. I hope to get back there Sat. morning for another try.

HH

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
baylorhall said:
Would LOVE to find one of those! I know how exciting it is to find your first old silver. I was ecstatic when I found a Mercury dime! My big question for you is---How did you metal detect in the rain with an ACE? If the works at the top get wet it is ruined. I have an ACE and would love to know.

I haven't done any detecting in Ft. Worth, but had a little luck in a park in old Dallas. Found my first Indian Head penny there. I hope to get back there Sat. morning for another try.

HH

Thank you all so much for your Kind Words..Im on Cloud 9 right now :hello2:

And to answer that question..I put a ziplock bag over the housing..then double bag and i havent had any problems..Plus Ziplocks are turbo cheap

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
djm of PA said:
wow very very nice! Good for you, seems like you are the type who deserved to find that. Emotion shows respect for the sport.

Thank you..And yes..to me it is about the sport..As ridiculous as it sounds..i would much rather find old coins and relics rather then jewlery..to me its all about the history ..But if i get stuck with some crumby old gold.. i'll take that too :laughing7:

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG! Super silver score and ice breaker - Ya did great!

F

Felinepeachy

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! I know the feeling. Good for you and I hope you find many more under your coil :hello2:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know the feeling!!! My first silver coin was found 50 steps from my front door!!! I grabbed my detector and ran for the house!!! Left everything else!!!! Still don't Know why i picked up the detector!!!!! There is allot of Emotion going on then!!!! An hour later i realized i left everything else at the curb!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread