Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
2 Consecutive Hunts
Its been damn hot and dry here and Ive been busy at school again which does give me some time to hit some local parks (which I hate) people,EMI traffic, dog Sh*%, cops, you name it but through all that I finally mangaed some goodies!!! The Merc is 17s and the buffalo is no date and was an eyeball find in a wash I was working with the detector the war nickel is my 4th for the year they seem to turn up everywhere lately its a 42 P

suburban park about 2 blocks in size half looks awsome with big trees and mowed grass the other half is obviously moved around with a water sprinkle bball courts and a pavillion
The half that looks good produces nothing... the other half allthough loaded with trash is loaded with coins! The ground is bone dry and very rocky making sore hands with the Lesche digger-almost broke out the sampson shovel but I didnt think people would appreciate that so much. The Mercs are around 2-3 inches in depth and sound off like a shallow copper penny! Must be coupled with the ground conditions and the amount of corrosion on the coins. These are my finds from a 2 hour hunt yesterday. Also found a Barbados five centt piece, The half sounded AWESOME then I saw it and thought LARGE CENT then i saw ole ugly on the front How often do you run across a clad half anyways?

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 613
  • IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 617
  • IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 619
  • IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 608
Upvote 0

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Consider yourself lucky to hunt local parks and come out with silver. In some States this is banned.
Good Haul on the finds.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds in all the trash :icon_thumleft: my first half was clad a 1973 Kennedy Dd60

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
You make an excellent point, perhaps unintentional, for digging the junk too. Lots of junk masks lots of goodies. Weed both until your pockets are overflowing. Hope you find LOTS more!

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
trash is often the guardian of silver .
i agree!!!! sweet haul!!! MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread