Found a kids cache today

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I couldn't stand it anymore, I haven't been out in over a month.... so I took my trusty Fisher out the front door and swept the yard, again. Right next to the front walk about three feet off the porch, I got a strong "good coin" signal about 4 inches down.

First coin out was a Lincoln cent, early 60's. So I swept the hole again, rechecking... sure enough, there was another signal.

To make a long story short, I kept getting signals out of this hole- eight in all. All Lincolns, and the newest was 1964-D. 4 Memorials and 4 Wheats. Definately time for an oil soak, we'll see how they clean up. ;D

Attachments

• Wheats.jpg
    Wheats.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 549
Upvote 0

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Hey! It looks like a great cache to me! I know what you mean about wanting to get out to MD. I broke my leg in 3 places in early December and I'm still healing! Talk about getting the "shakes"! LOL Nice finds and HH!

vicki

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of the time i found a cache that consisted if 2.40 in change and to toy cars....

-GC

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your right Jeffro....That is what you would call a mini Cache !!! Mabe next time it will be Gold Coins..... ;D

Seeker

Z

ZumbroKid

I found a couple buried in one of those plastic coin holders once. But thats about it when it comes to a cache.

OP
OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Well, I'm just cleaning them for general purpose. None are worth much, and the corrosion is excessive. We'll see how they turn out in a week or so.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
When we were kids I hid caches of pennies all the time...now I would like to go back and dig them up! i hid one hundred pennies under a tree in Michigan and I always wondered if they are still there!
Why havent you been out ? Its spring..get going! And find that big silver cache!!! :)

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Way to go......I think it's a cute cache! ::)

Dang Vic......I'd find me a Hoverround or something.....vrrummm.....sweep, sweep, sweep!! ;D

Happy Hunting,
Moon

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
I was metal detecting long ago and this kid , maybe 7 years old, came to me and told me that he buried a jar full of coins and could not find it...
I thought he was lying but I went to look for it and it was true, a Gerber baby food jar full of change...
It took me some time to find it because he dug the hole next to a water pipe... :)
The kid was so happy, he gave me a dime in payment....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread