1753 Milled Pillar Half Real and 2 Coppers

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
The twins and I went to a new site that we scouted out yesterday. The landowner said back in the early summer that we could hit a part of his fields when the corn was harvested. Kyle and I were out on a permission mission yesterday and once again the first place we knocked did not pan out. No body home so we will return. We were headed to another location when we passed this site and saw the farmer harvesting his corn. He just did a swath about 15 yards into his field and stopped. just enough to do the front yard of a vanished homesite that we've been anticipating.These 15 yards proved to be pretty productive for the uncle of the group. Button, Bam shot musket ball and then 4 inches deep out flew a glimmering Milled Pillar Half Real. 1753. One year newer than the 1 Real I found March 2009. Awesome, I found my Spanish silver for the year. About 15 minutes after that a decent 1832 Coronet Largie with a hole in it. 3 more colonial buttons for my collection and we decided to call it a day. The fringe of the site produced a late day slug colonial copper that I am happy to add to my copper total.Enjoy.
Chris

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 993
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,009
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 986
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 992
  • 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 979
  • 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 998
Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Milled Pillar Half Real and 2 Coppers

Nice silver and copper !! :icon_thumleft: :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

U

umrgolf

:hello2: Very nice Chris.. I expected to see some posts like this from your group very soon. :headbang: :headbang: If you remember back in March, Josh and I found 1753 pillars in the same week, 50 miles a part. (in this month's american digger) Very cool to see another '53 pop up from a good friend. Well done :thumbsup: .. Ferdinand VI looks like Mexico city

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250

Great to see you posting ! You are killin' me with the Spanish Silver :notworthy: What a decent day !!

VPR

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sweet!! :icon_thumleft: I love seeing those spanish coins! Especially when I'm in the field myself :D

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

My good uncle strikes the Colonial beast once again! :notworthy: When I heard you yell out, "AWESOME," I knew you found something good. :headbang: Congrats on an awesome day of Colonial digging and harvesting. It truly felt good to get my hands dirty again with some old coppers. :icon_thumleft: :hello2:

We must hit this site again! We must! :hello2:

Kirk

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Nice silver, what a beautiful coin :icon_thumleft:

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lookin' good on the coin finds !!! Wonder what's still out there in that old home site :icon_scratch: find lots more KKC :headbang: CMD

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Right from the get-go, I knew we were going to bonanza today! It happened, too, so I am happy with how the day went overall! Unc, you are the King of the Milled Pillar!

I can't wait to see what else this dwelling may hold! It should be exciting, stated in a Chris Farley voice. :laughing9:

I'll post my BEAUTIFUL large cent and relics tomorrow! Oh, I dug a million buttons, too! :laughing9:

Nephew

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You three always do well. No doubt those made you smile! :hello2:

Those are the kind of days that keep you wanting to swing the coil. Great job! :icon_thumright:

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Great finds! That reale is awesome big congrats on your spanish silver fix for this year!!!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You were due for a Spanish! :headbang: I've got my one for the year, and now that you have your's, I think we're both screwed. ;D

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew I could count on you guys to post some great finds! :headbang:

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Chris, like seeing another Pillar Half Real being posted, they are the least found half real types, with the Bust type being by far the most common. Good to see you guys have another spot that still holds great promise for future hunts.

Don

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread