Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The KKC team got out to a new site today and it proved to be super productive for me. :icon_thumleft: Kyle called me last night and stated that the farmer was harvesting the cornfield, but only a small section of it. We were all excited to get in this field to unearth PA coppers, buttons, and relics. :hello2:

It wasn't long after walking into the field, that I started to get signals. :headbang: Most of it was iron, but that got my Colonial blood pumping. :thumbsup: I soon got my 1st great signal and was thrilled to pop out this beautiful 1840 Braided Hair large cent. :headbang: The patina truly makes this copper pretty. After the copper, I started to pop out a load of buttons (12 for the day). I love it when the tombac buttons start to pop. :icon_thumleft:

I also dug this 1810 Classic Head half cent (my 3rd half cent for 2010). The reverse of the coin also has a nice patina that highlight the features. I must admit, this was a fun-filled day of digging. :icon_sunny: The weather was a perfect breezy 70 degrees. It can't get much better than that. The fields of PA produced some great coppers and relics once again. The positive side to this field was the farmer only harvested a small section, so most of the artifacts were dug in the front yard. We still have to hunt the backyard of the Colonial dwelling. The future looks bright! :icon_sunny:

Keep the passion high! :icon_thumleft:

Kirk :hello:

Attachments

• DSCF3778.JPG
    DSCF3778.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 947
  • DSCF3779.JPG
    DSCF3779.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 942
  • DSCF3782.JPG
    DSCF3782.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 937
  • DSCF3787.JPG
    DSCF3787.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 927
  • DSCF3789.JPG
    DSCF3789.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 929
  • DSCF3794.JPG
    DSCF3794.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 939
  • DSCF3807.JPG
    DSCF3807.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 936
  • DSCF3812.JPG
    DSCF3812.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 929
  • DSCF3810.JPG
    DSCF3810.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 923
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
umrgolf2010 said:
Back in the groove :headbang: Those are two great looking coppers.. Lot of productivity from that small area :icon_thumleft:

Thank you, bro, for the reply. It feels good to strike some nice coppers.

Kirk

BuckleBoy said:
Well done! Those are both nice in terms of condition. If you boys dig a Liberty Cap Thicky in that field, it will be a GOOD one! :hello2:

Nice job cleaning those coppers, too. Looks like some toothpicking or toothbrushing and a little oil from the fingers on the high points, eh? ;D Worked out really nicely to highlight the detail.

Cheers,

Buck

Thanks, Buck, I did toothpick the coppers. Too bad the half cent doesn't look better on the obverse, but oh well. I am happy with my diggings yesterday. This site seems to be loaded with signals. Plus, there is a lot of iron and I mean A LOT. We are crossing our fingers.

Kirk

4-H said:
:hello2: :hello2:
Just look at the detail on those coppers!
Great buttons too.
Way 2 go boyz :headbang:

Thanks, Mike, for the reply. I hope all is well.

Kirk

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
dwayne sueno said:
nice handful of stuff there, Kirk.
congrats on the two coppers.
look forward to seeing what else you guys unearth from that site.
what's KKC's copper count for the year thus far?

Thank you, Dwayne, we are at 37 coppers for the year. I have a feeling that we will pass 60 by the end of the year.

Kirk

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you to everyone else that responded. I appreciate it! I can't wait to go back and get my hands dirty with some PA cornfield dirt. :headbang:

Kirk :hello:

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you parked that "special" car for awhile and back into the swing of finding good relics and coppers! I'm sure this weekend has raised your passion a tad and may the rest of the late summer and fall hunts keep on producing for you.

Don

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
Great hunt guys..I have been so busy lately...Seeing that stuff is gonna make me change some plans, and start detecting more :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don in SJ said:
Glad to see you parked that "special" car for awhile and back into the swing of finding good relics and coppers! I'm sure this weekend has raised your passion a tad and may the rest of the late summer and fall hunts keep on producing for you.

Don

It felt good, Don, to get some today. I hope to find some more next week.

Kirk

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hands full of coppers and buttons. It does not get much better than that. Well done and good luck with the rest of the site. Thanks for sharing.
TnMtns

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's about time. :headbang: But you gotta focus more on your sanity when you start to suck again. (which no doubt will be soon) :laughing7:

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Well it's about time. :headbang: But you gotta focus more on your sanity when you start to suck again. (which no doubt will be soon) :laughing7:

Thanks, Patch, I knew and you knew I would break out one of these days. :thumbsup: It sure was nice to feel a copper in the dirt. That drought made me a more patient relic hunter though. I must focus on getting more! :hello2:

Kirk

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's how its done! That's a beautiful handful of Buttons and Coppers Kirk :headbang: :headbang: That's a dam good way to come out of the drought there buddy! :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk , you are killing it colonial style , of course - love the largie - rock on brother ! Argentium.

Iskuli

Jun 17, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL
WOW. Love the coins. I have never found one of those YET. good hunting.

SC Keith

Aug 25, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello2: :hello2: :hello2:
Nice coppers and buttons there friend! Looks like you and the crew had a blast!
Keith

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a very productive day Kirk! That had to be a lot of fun :headbang: I hope to get into some fun this weekend if all goes according to plan :thumbsup:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome hunt!!!!!!!!!!!!! MR TUFF

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
WTG Kirk , Like that halfie , one coin I've only dug a few of in my days.

That sites gonna be sweet when its all de-corned ... decorned ? ... uncorned ? Anyways I'm envious right now :'(

D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread