Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a bracelet, Indian, 3 wheats, clad, couple square nails, couple rifle shells, spoon (eyeball find) and a neat toy skillet that looks like it's made from copper.

sept6.1.jpg

sept6.2.jpg

sept16.3.JPG

Upvote 0

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
You got better quality houses in MI than me. <sigh> Check that little skillet carefully: looks like a mini-gold pan for a miner figurine. Might even have something in it.

OP
OP
Giant056

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
partenr said:
Can you please tell us/me how you are cleaning your coins?

On the clad coins, bracelet, and most everything except the wheats and Indian I tumbled them in a rock tumbler for a couple hours then used electrolysis on them, for the wheats and Indian I soaked them in hot peroxide then rub them between my fingers along with some baking soda which helps remove the dirt. The peroxide will remove most of the dirt but the baking soda really cleans them after peroxide or electrolysis.

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Giant056 said:
partenr said:
Can you please tell us/me how you are cleaning your coins?

On the clad coins, bracelet, and most everything except the wheats and Indian I tumbled them in a rock tumbler for a couple hours then used electrolysis on them, for the wheats and Indian I soaked them in hot peroxide then rub them between my fingers along with some baking soda which helps remove the dirt. The peroxide will remove most of the dirt but the baking soda really cleans them after peroxide or electrolysis.

I am impressed with the natural-looking finish that the coin surfaces appear to have after the baking soda treatment. I would have expected them to "look" cleaned.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread