Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coppers N' Stuff

Today I got permission to explore a tract of land I've been droolin over for quite the while. To my suprise the friendly fella just laughed and said "knock yourself out, but my nephew was back there in the 90's" So down the road I went kickin up dust. After a good solid hike I finnaly found what I'm after....CELLAR HOLE! And just as I expected....oxe shoes and scraps piled up on the rocks....BLAHH!...But I was still amped and began swingin....I figured this place was gonna be wiped right out but within the first 10 minutes I had a copper in my pouch...ended up with 3 in 4 hours (1817,1834 and 1719 KG Half Penny ) A thimble some buttons and this cool fork. The Half Penny is now my oldest coin to date. Still waiting to break into the 17th century. Thanks for lookin!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    202.3 KB · Views: 531
Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Coppers N' Stuff

That two-tine fork is a 1700s find, my friend--and rare as hell in that condition! :hello2:

The coppers, all of it--makes me sound like the Kool-Aid man when I start screaming "OH-YEAH!"

:wav:

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other

Great day, Sniffy.
I love it when people tell me someone's already hit the site.
Almost without exception it means they've just cleaned off some of the junk.
Dare I say your'e on something of a roll of late?

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BuckleBoy said:
That two-tine fork is a 1700s find, my friend--and rare as hell in that condition! :hello2:

The coppers, all of it--makes me sound like the Kool-Aid man when I start screaming "OH-YEAH!"

:wav:
I think of a big pitcher of refreshing "grape drink" rippin through the woods.

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Colonial Copper Zeus said:
I think the fork is your best find of the day. That's coming from a coin guy.Congrats.
Chris
That fork is ONE DELICIOUS COLONIAL TREAT! The bone is still hangin on for dear life.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good stuff Sniffy. You'll break into the 1600 before long. Your due. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dwayne sueno said:
Great day, Sniffy.
I love it when people tell me someone's already hit the site.
Almost without exception it means they've just cleaned off some of the junk.
Dare I say your'e on something of a roll of late?
hahaha yeah...the 2 large cents were masked and iffy...but the Half Penny was loud n' clear. Suprised it didn't find a new home back in the 90's. Yeah yeah....I've been on a roll I guess....spanish...seated...and now coppers...3 awesome hunts....and now that you jinxed me I'll be diggin oxe knobs and pop cans :laughing9:

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Found one of those forks a year or so ago... not nearly as nice as yours! You had yourself a tremendous hunt! :icon_thumright:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

George I is getting back there! A William coin can't be far off. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch said:
George I is getting back there! A William coin can't be far off. :thumbsup:
Military buttons and any 1600s coin is now my motivation....preferably a Pine Tree shilling but a William coin will suffice for the time being.

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mach 1 Pilot said:
Found one of those forks a year or so ago... not nearly as nice as yours! You had yourself a tremendous hunt! :icon_thumright:
Pretty funny, I left the house after watching the video you and your pals made. I had to go dig some coppers for myself. Hahaha...

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

I can't wait to see photos of them when they are cleaned. Is that a bone inlay on the fork?

Great finds!

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Neil in West Jersey said:
I can't wait to see photos of them when they are cleaned. Is that a bone inlay on the fork?

Great finds!
It is bone, I"m gonna take a photo today of them all....I cleaned them last night...the KG just kinda fell apart..should of left the patina on him.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds , Sniffy You are into some old ,old turf !! I never found the bone handled fork ! Only knifes and spoons . :icon_thumleft: As you well know, they are fragile , be careful . About your George I crumbling . Shame and I have a similar problem . I found a pewter trade token Monday . I don't even know where to start with the cleaning . Have you ever attempted to clean a crusty pewter ? If not ,Which forum would help ??? Nice work on the recoveries . CMD

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CMDiamonddawg said:
Nice finds , Sniffy You are into some old ,old turf !! I never found the bone handled fork ! Only knifes and spoons . :icon_thumleft: As you well know, they are fragile , be careful . About your George I crumbling . Shame and I have a similar problem . I found a pewter trade token Monday . I don't even know where to start with the cleaning . Have you ever attempted to clean a crusty pewter ? If not ,Which forum would help ??? Nice work on the recoveries . CMD
I've been pretty fortunate in the condition of the pewter targets I've recovered....I'm not sure where to begin when it comes to cleaning pewter...one things for sure after the initial cleaning you will most certainly need to coat the token with something to ensure it will not flake away more so.

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here's a couple pictures of the cleaned coins and very shiny button. Shame the King George fell victim to peroxide. The details were stronger than what they appeared and "plop" in the peroxide it went. Now it's a smooth disc and you can barely make out the staff on the reverse. Shame on me. The Large Cents look better in person, they look awfully waxy in these pics....but very handsome in my case.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    523.8 KB · Views: 348
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    372.4 KB · Views: 355

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Damn! That flat button in the last pic looks Great! Nearly all the gilt. Those are some quality finds Sniff! :icon_thumleft: :wink:

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

{Sentinel} said:
Damn! That flat button in the last pic looks Great! Nearly all the gilt. Those are some quality finds Sniff! :icon_thumleft: :wink:
Yeah the gilt held on pretty good. The front of the button has 90% of the gilt as well...Nice little button!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions