WW II Rounds found today..Need help with the ID! dekalb33 ??

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today was a so...so Day! Can't believe the amount of American money found, 1 1963 Silver dime. 2 Wheat Penny's and 2 Nickles 60,63 and some recent Japanese money..The pipe and Hairpin was nice ..I broke the hairpin while digging! :'( Have to be more careful!
Anyway, The 2 rounds I found cleaned up real easy, I am always finding this kind of stuff of different types and was hopping I could ID some of them now that we have the internet and help. As you can see in the pictures, they have a silver type brass casing not gold brass.. Does anyone know who made them and what type of weapon they were used in?? The bottom has a deep recess as if the pin had hit it , but I guess they missfired. Has W.R.A. 43 on bottom.. Any help? Thanks!
Soon it will be too hot and you won't hear from me till fall...haha That is why I am trying to get in as much hunting while I can... Before the heat and Habu's come out! (type of snake) Won't kill you, but if it bites your hand, You may not be using it for the rest of your life...That type of snake! Thanks Again for any help! Dave

Attachments

• IMGA0039.JPG
    IMGA0039.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 272
  • IMGA0037.JPG
    IMGA0037.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 271
  • IMGA0041.JPG
    IMGA0041.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 263
  • IMGA0035.JPG
    IMGA0035.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 266
Upvote 0

ladybug332200

Dec 27, 2005
rhode island
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Nice pics, you always have some interesting things from japan. keep on posting.. :) watch out for the live rounds, in the news a few weeks ago some guy was using a live round for a paperweight at a school he was teaching in and slammed it down on the desk to kill a bug and it blew up.. who said teachers are smart?

OP
OP
Dave N Japan

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, I heard about that guy in the school..That was real smart ??? I leave the big stuff alone! I guy here also a year ago died in his house from WWII stuff, and he was also selling it at the flea market.. so it has become a big issue here..Me and Nahabit better be careful I guess.. I have heard that when moisture gets into the rounds it becomes more like nitro glycerin...Not sure if that is true..anyway thanks and take care!!

hasbeen

Jan 4, 2006
Round in picture with the dime is a .30 Carbine cartridge (U.S.A.).W.R.A. 43 was loaded by winchester Repeating Arms in 1943,hard to tell the caliber without a side view or dimentions.

hasbeen

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, every place we Americans go we lose lots of loot.

I won the bid on a large empty WWII BATTLE OF THE BULGE 57MM shell off ebay a few weeks back. It was dug from a foxhole in Germany. I haven't received it yet and my guess is I never will. The guy never answers email and I see the old "lost in the mail" routine coming. I was the only bidder and got it cheap. The seller operates out of Ardens, Belgium.

Anyway, he digs what he sells on ebay and often he offers lots of dug US coinage. They dig it all over that country.

Happy hunting buddy and watch out for those nasty little snakes!

OP
OP
Dave N Japan

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Hasbeen! That is great to know!...Maybe I will start to hang on to this small stuff and find out where and what and who made it...Good Luck and Thanks to everyone!

OP
OP
Dave N Japan

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New rounds today at different place...
Same size as before 42mm long and dia of 9mm
hasbeen, can you help me out again? or anybody?
Thanks Dave

Attachments

• IMGA0045.JPG
    IMGA0045.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 183

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread