kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all.I was hunting a park with some friends today when a kid from one of the house's next to the park got us permission from his parents to hunt his yard.I was searching the backyard when I got an iffy signal that I thought might be a silver hiding in some trash.I dug down about 6-8 inches and found a tiny silver coin.My eyesight isent the best but I was pretty sure it was a half dime.I showed it to my buddy Coop and he just about freeked :D He informed me that it was an 1837 capped bust half dime. This is my very first capped bust silver coin and only my second half dime ever.Whats realy cool is that both dimes were 1837's.My fist was the first year of the seated liberty type that I found last winter and this one today was the last year of the capped bust type....pretty cool !

Attachments

• half dimes 006.JPG
    half dimes 006.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 651
  • half dimes 005.JPG
    half dimes 005.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 634
  • half dimes 004.JPG
    half dimes 004.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 663
Upvote 0

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! :thumbsup: Congrats.

Love the Capped Bust, especially the eagle design on the reverse. :hello2:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the capped bust. That thing is in great shape to boot. Nice find. :icon_thumleft:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great looking coin must be at least XF condition. WTG....Matt

wells

Mar 1, 2008
Middleburg, Pa.
Primary Interest:
Other
wow that is in good shape. i have one also, a 1836 which is is almost as good as yours and an eyeball find by my father behind our barn in 1964.

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks y'all.

wells said:
wow that is in good shape. i have one also, a 1836 which is is almost as good as yours and an eyeball find by my father behind our barn in 1964.

Thats pretty cool . :thumbsup:

sscindercoop said:
rip shes a beauty I vote Banner :headbang: Come on guys lets get this one up top :hello2:

Thanks Coop....I'm glad you were there to help me out.....next time remember to take deep breaths and know that your turn will come soon. ;D :D ;D

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sscindercoop said:
rip shes a beauty I vote Banner :headbang: Come on guys lets get this one up top :hello2:
I'll vote banner as well. 1837 is the year with the lowest mintage in the half dime series (871,000). She's in excellent condition too. Great find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread