Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,

It was a gorgeous Sunday here in Missouri, so I decided to go out for a couple of hours and swing the coil. I went to a few of the schoolyards I've pounded to death over the years, but I keep going back when enough time has passed and they've "re-stocked" themselves ;D

I found nothing exciting at the first school I went to >:( The second school I visited was just up the road about a mile or so..the targets were hard to come by, so I decided to find "just one more coin" and leave. Within a minute my detector went nuts over a spot in the field not far from where workers had extended the school building a year or two before. I ended up digging a really nice utility knife with a quick release for changing blades and a handy belt clip. The knife happens to be something I've needed for a while for my job, so I'll be taking it to work tomorrow and use it with pride :thumbsup:

P1010442.jpg

The third school I went to happened to be my old grammar school, which has previously yielded clad coins, a wheat or two, and a few rings of varying quality. My first stop was the wood chips, where within less than 2 minutes I scored a 19.5" long necklace made of Italian sterling :headbang: I knew it was silver when I saw how it gleamed when I dug it up. Last week I dug a really nice silver bracelet at a nearby sports park, so the spots I'm visiting are really giving up the silver lately.

P1010449.jpg

P1010446.jpg

It was a great hunt and I enjoyed visiting the old schools once again.

Hope you all find a little treasure this weekend.

Nat

Upvote 0

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking silver chain Natman! :o
Love the contractor utility knife, that'll come in handy for sure! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Antiquarian said:
Great looking silver chain Natman! :o
Love the contractor utility knife, that'll come in handy for sure! :icon_thumright:

Nat

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really good day out for you Natman ! What kind of signal did you get on that chain - solid /skitzy
does the prizm II have VDI ?? Argentium.

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Argentium said:
Really good day out for you Natman ! What kind of signal did you get on that chain - solid /skitzy
does the prizm II have VDI ?? Argentium.

Thanks, I don't have VDI but the signal was skitzy..similar to a multiple coin drop (which was what I was expecting). It was in about 2 inches of mulch right under the monkey bars.

Nat

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice silver!!! MR TUFF

Tattooguy67

Sep 26, 2009
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Nice work there Natman, that chain is super sweeeeet! and the knife is cool to, been thinking about getting one as my sharpening skills are sub par.

Chuck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread