Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi everyone, went to a place call ST JUST POINT .about 500 metres from my house.i went to a mine called the CORNISH NO2.i got a nasty surprize when got there,the mine cap had craved in after the last rain. the shaft is about 2700 feet deep .so if you fell down it you have just enough time to say the lord prayer in full before you hit the bottom.didn't have much luck there ,so went to ware the crushing battery was and found a bronze leaver and some old square nails and bit of glass.got some pics.

tinpan P.S STILL NO GOLD

Attachments

• koch7002.jpg
    koch7002.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 530
  • koch7003.jpg
    koch7003.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 530
  • koch 2007.jpg
    koch 2007.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 533
Upvote 0
R

rvbvetter

Sorry but I haven't been keeping up on your thread here. Are you going in old mines alone? Living near gold country I've come upon many an old and forgotten mine, and the temptation is always strong to go in and explore.
I'm just saying be careful and have somebody with you who can go for help. Not only caveins but bad air as well can be found in them.
Cool finds!! HH

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tinpan! You better be careful around those mines! :o

Wonder if the cell phone would work there?! :D

Thanks for the pics and congrats on your finds....

Nana ;)

S

southbound

The pics look intresting. Take a buddy with you next time.
Vern

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, Maybe more time will bring something up! There is always something..
Yes, The last cave i was in my phoone would not work. If something happens well, Hope they find me someday!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yup ,tinpan dont forget to ask your mum for permission to be out,dont forget your vegimite sanwich,ay M8 ;)

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
I have a suggestion....as the cap fell in, it might be nice to find out who the owner of the property is and let them know.
Granted, they do not need to know you were TH'ing, but there is a safety/liability issue there, and of course it might be nice if a new cap were put on it.

I am the kind of person though who would get a large rock, and toss it in and then see how long it takes (timing with a watch) for it to hit bottom.

My Aunt & Uncle used to own a cabin 12 miles south of Aspen Colorado at an old Ghost town called Ashcroft.
There were old silver mines all over the place.

One day my cousin and I decided to follow a creek that ran just behind the cabin. It came from a place where two mountain ridges kind of ran into each other. So we go about a mile or so, and as we came around the bend, we came upon a mine entrance right in the middle of the creek. There was an ore car sitting there full of rocks on the rails that lead into the mine entrance. As with all the other mines, the entrance was caved in, but I wish I had a camera with me at the time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread