Found a few Civil War bullets

Company F

Mar 16, 2009
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
White's MXT/White's Classic IDX/Fisher F2
I went out today armed with my trusty White's MXT determined to find some sort of Civil War relics. I've only had the MXT for about a month or so and I'm still learning the machine. I got permission to hunt on private land near the Stone's River National Battlefield in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. It was very grown up so I went heavy on the chigger and tick spray. I found an area that had been recently cleared of brush so I decided to hunt there. Paydirt! Within minutes I found a perfect 3 ringer minie ball! I kept looking and found a couple of fired bullets as well as what appears to be a chewed bullet. It was getting hot and the Tennessee Titans game was about to come on so I went on home. A good day indeed.

Attachments

• cwbullets007.jpg
    cwbullets007.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 509
Upvote 0

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That private land should be the best place you'll ever search , near a Major CW battlefield :o , 80,000 troops in the vicinity and battle in 1862 . Hope you have the MXT ready to go for that place . Good luck and I think there will be a few more than 3 ringers ! Although lead is always a good find . Hope you are lucky Co. F :thumbsup: envious CMD :laughing7:

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Stopped in Murfreesboro a couple of months ago on our way to Florida. That place looked so interesting after I did some research on the place.

Good luck. You are in a GREAT hunting location there!!!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice lead. You were lucky to find anything because all that private land area has been beat to death. You need to return there during the winter. WTG and HH, Quindy in Hartsville.

speedenforcer

Greenie
Aug 23, 2010
Nice bullets. The chewed one is most likely chewed on by a squirel, they chew on it for a second untill they realize it aint a nut. Most so called "pain" bullets are nothing more than animal chewed. But very nice finds, none the least. I am here in Florida so we do not have a lot of WBTS action. a few nice skirmishes, and camp sites. The Battlefield of Olustee is 12 miles from my house and half of which is private timber land. I used to have permission a few years back to hunt it, got about 30 bullets, not much more, it has been beat to death.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds. I've been around and around with people on this forum about "Pain" bullets. They WERE used for medical purposes and ALSO to make a soldiers mouth salivate when there was no water to be had. The truth is this one probably was chewed on by some critters but you can definitely see molar and human teeth marks on many of them. I once had to Chew one of my own Minie balls (don't recommend but had to prove a point) to prove to another person on this forum that a human could quite easily chew up a minie ball as they didn't believe that it could be done ::) ::) Anyways, nice finds bud and I hope you save some more Army of Tennessee relics :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :wink: :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions