295.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,538
Upvote 0
OP
OP
wilmingtonbottleboys
Sep 3, 2008
Wilmington, NC
guys, i have so many other photos of past finds that i am going to be posting soon. these finds are of bottles, indian artifacts and more civil war items. i can't wait to share these digs and finds with you all. i have some things that i am not to sure about and i'm sure someone out here will have the answers for me. if you think these finds were good....just wait!!!

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Goodies found this past weekend!!!! @@@@@LOOOK@@@@@@

Iron Patch said:
I'm probably the only other person on here that has found both! ;D A bayonet and the counterstamped 40 Reis. (but I don't have all the other stuff) Yes you had a good day! :thumbsup:

You my friend are the coolest...but what have you found lately?

Great hunt for the newbie, I like the bayonet.
Show us some more.

Hill

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bill Hilly said:
Iron Patch said:
I'm probably the only other person on here that has found both! ;D A bayonet and the counterstamped 40 Reis. (but I don't have all the other stuff) Yes you had a good day! :thumbsup:

Show us some more.

Hill

Well I could wait for you to catch up, but since that would probably take YEARS, I think our digs will start in about a week. ;D I actually got a call from a friend who is in town for the next few days so a hunt might happen soon. Don't have a plan where to go so we'll see if I can get enough to post. :thumbsup:

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other

Iron Patch said:
Bill Hilly said:
Iron Patch said:

Show us some more.

Hill

Well I could wait for you to catch up, but since that would probably take YEARS, I think our digs will start in about a week. ;D I actually got a call from a friend who is in town for the next few days so a hunt might happen soon. Don't have a plan where to go so we'll see if I can get enough to post. :thumbsup:

You would be easy to catch if the finds were here in the Ky soil. We have to work alot harder for them than you do. Get out there and find something Patch, the finds aren't going to just jump into your pouch while you view Tnet. We finally got rain last night after 80 days. Ground is like concrete here. I bent my shovel in half yesterday digging flat buttons and had to quit.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bill Hilly said:
Iron Patch said:
Bill Hilly said:
Iron Patch said:

Show us some more.

Hill

You would be easy to catch if the finds were here in the Ky soil. We have to work alot harder for them than you do. Get out there and find something Patch, the finds aren't going to just jump into your pouch while you view Tnet. We finally got rain last night after 80 days. Ground is like concrete here. I bent my shovel in half yesterday digging flat buttons and had to quit.

I'm pretty sure you'll be seeing from us soon but sites are the name of the game and we don't really have any new places to hit, as of yet. But I'm sure we'll get it rolling at some point. Ironhorse says he is pretty game to dig this Fall and you don't have to twist my arm to get out there. And for the record, every site we hunt is a farm field so there's not much being missed if you don't dig in the Summer here. It's usually amounts to not much more than a scouting trip. (plus we're both getting some stuff out of the way to be able to hunt when we want and as much as we want) :thumbsup:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BuckleBoy said:
wilmingtonbottleboys said:
ok guys...this is how it happened. it was a sat. morning and i got up early to go do some relic hunting. i have been to this old confederated camp site in downtown wilmington a few times before. my brother and i have dug some nice bottles out of this site and a few civil war items. but this sat was an extreme exception. the site was started back a few years ago and one phase was completed but construction stopped due to the economy. the second phase is where i found these items. this phase was built on top of a small hill and from what the old-timers tell me, this is where the camp was located. i guess they were right!! i have never found this much stuff in one outting. i am a bottle collector not an experienced relic hunter so to find this is like a once in a lifetime opportunity for me. i am so excited!!! wow, how lucky can i be??

You say you are mainly a bottle digger... Do you know what the relics are that you posted? We are more than happy to identify anything for you that you are wondering what it is.

That said, these are some terrific finds. The brown umbrella ink would've made my Year. And the bayonet, gun pieces, coins and other relics are stellar.

Best Wishes,

Buckleboy

I agree with WIll on the amber umbrella ink. Brown umbrella inks are exceptionally rare and worth a very pretty penny. Most umbrella inks are clear to aqua and run around $100 give or take a few bucks. The one you have is worth quite a bit more. I've had the pleasure of seeing one dug right next to me at the Diggin in Virginia Invitational Hunt by a good friend of mine MudSlide Slim aka Sal. It was down about 6 feet in a latrine.

Congrats on a wide variety of finds :wink:

jrandy

Jan 13, 2010
San Angelo TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett GPT 1350, Predator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW ! Hey I found a bottle just like that in my yard. It's an ink bottle. Super day for sure. Banner day :icon_thumleft:

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Cool Batonet!!!

Go Back There!

rory

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread