Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit another in town city owned lot today ! Really just an extra wide median / gully between two major 1 way streets in the city, 30 yards wide in places ! over a 100 yards long. I knew it was going to be trashy ! I also knew it was in an old part of town ! There was so many signals I was getting discouraged.I was digging nothing but clad and bottle tops and not really seeing any signs of of older activity and after an hour I was thinking about heading to a site that I have already done alot of the trash signal cleanup on when I got a good sounding tone and and at 6 inches down I turn out a couple of oyster shells and just underneath these I got the hand cuff ! It has been cut by the way ! I knew this was an encouraging sign. just a few feet from there I got another good tone and again about 6/7 inches out amongst the oyster shells pops a large cent. I knew right away by its size it was not a coronet and probably a colonial copper so I put it in a keeper bag and go back at it. About 10 yards away I get another decent hit and now have a half penny in my hand . Some #of clad and bottle tops later I find the thimble and finally the small buckle ! Checked my watch and it was time to leave. 2 and 1/2 hours of hunt time in and now I was feeling good about my hunt ! I drove home anxious to see what the 2 coppers were . I dumped my trash bag onto the driveway and pulled the clad out of my pocket which included a full roll of dimes I had also found this morning. 50 dimes in 1 hole ! As soon as I took the coppers out of the keeper bags to lay on top for photo the coins had dried a bit I could see the eagle and was very excited ! An 1788 commonwealth of Massachusetts cent to go with the Mass militia button I found 2 weeks ago !! Unbelievable !! I could get no detail off the 1/2 penny but the Mass copper is in pretty good shape !! Thanks for looking MaineRelic.

Attachments

• IMG_1251.JPG
    IMG_1251.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 7,150
  • IMG_1252.JPG
    IMG_1252.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 7,139
  • IMG_1253.JPG
    IMG_1253.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 7,119
  • IMG_1254.JPG
    IMG_1254.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 7,119
  • IMG_1256.JPG
    IMG_1256.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 7,117
  • IMG_1257.JPG
    IMG_1257.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 7,139
Upvote 1

goldbill

May 6, 2009
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites v3 deus v4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
way to go mainerelic!! we miss you here in the far north but there are still things to be found ! good job!!!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great detail on the Mass...Congrat's :icon_thumright:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been lucky enough to dig a few of those myself, but none quiet as nice as yours. Nice coin. :thumbsup:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one OUTSTANDING copper! It has to be one of the Finest--if not THE FINEST example I have seen dug!

Bravo to you for tackling a Trashy site and forcing it to cough up some goodies. Fantastic!

-Buckles

OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for your kind comments to my post ! I am still on cloud nine Today ! Though the Massachusetts Militia button I dug two weeks ago and the Massachusetts cent I dug today were dug on opposite ends of the city a few weekends apart I feel as though I were reuniting them so a photo of both together for all of us !! Thanks for looking ! MaineRelic.

Attachments

• IMG_1258.JPG
    IMG_1258.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 6,833

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
That MA copper is killer! It will be a shocker find if I dig one here in PA.

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
That coin is brilliant. Tremendous find. Doesn't beat a few pots of silver but it comes d-mn close!
Thanks for sharing.

U

umrgolf

Dont know if its the best thats ever been posted, but def the best Ive ever seen dug :o :o I'll vote for it

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Wow what a hunt, that Mass. Copper is in AWESOME shape, Congrats. :headbang:

TommNJ

KRAZYHORSES

Aug 17, 2010
what a nice day!!!! awesome finds!! today looks like a stellar day for tnet congrats!! krazyhorses

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread