Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out mushroom huntin today and came across a small bottle dump.I scanned quickly as I did not want to lose time from my goal(mushrooms).I grabbed this one bottle,cork type and no markings.Then a little distance away, I saw something and figured it to be mashed from a tire of sort.Walked over and upon closer inspection it had been mashed but was a compact with the broken glass and silver paper still in it.No markings on it either(UUGGHHH!).Didnt find any mushrooms either but was a great day out in the woods.

Thanx for lookin,jimmy

Attachments

• today 1.jpg
    today 1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 933
  • today 2.jpg
    today 2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 944
  • today 3.jpg
    today 3.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 940
Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Jimmy...Still some pretty good find's,too bad there wasn't a gold coin in the compact.Haven't got out too much lately,My nephew just passed this last Friday and I'll be pretty busy this week but maybe we can hook up later.HH!!

S

southbound

WTG Jimmy! Allways keep your eyes open. Does the bottle have any markings on the bottom?
Vern

nevrdundetecting

Sep 26, 2005
Wayne Co., WV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, White's Prizm III, Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Pro-Find 15 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds! my aunt and uncle recently went into the mountains to hunt Morel mushrooms, I hear that they sell for major $$$$....they fried some of them they found, they were pretty tasty too!

civil...sorry to hear about your loss

HH

OP
OP
Getty

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
southbound said:
WTG Jimmy! Allways keep your eyes open. Does the bottle have any markings on the bottom?
Vern

No markings at all.

OP
OP
Getty

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nevrdundetecting said:
nice finds! my aunt and uncle recently went into the mountains to hunt Morel mushrooms, I hear that they sell for major $$$$....they fried some of them they found, they were pretty tasty too!

civil...sorry to hear about your loss

HH

Ive heard they sell pretty high too,but we eat all of ours ;D

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would do some digging there should be lots of goodies! :)

Smartin

Feb 4, 2006
Kingston, Tennessee
Jimmy,

Nice bottle and compact find. I love those chrismas tree mushrooms (morels or funnel mushrooms) one of the best tasting things you'll ever eat. I guess thats what you were looking for? Heard the other kind taste bad but make you see pretty colors--dono

HH,
Smartin

T

T Vernon

Very Nice!! Good to hear others are out chasing fungi. I am too high for good morels yet but we do have lots of agaricus now. Just one more reason to look down. Take care, Travis

OP
OP
Getty

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smartin said:
Jimmy,

Nice bottle and compact find. I love those chrismas tree mushrooms (morels or funnel mushrooms) one of the best tasting things you'll ever eat. I guess thats what you were looking for? Heard the other kind taste bad but make you see pretty colors--dono

HH,
Smartin

Yep smartin, those are the ones we look for,great eatin.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know just enough about hunting shrooms to poison myself! I have a buddy who claims to be a mushroom expert. He is slower than me and I worry about him. Come to think of it I haven't seen him lately, guess I better check on him! :D Monty

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds jimmy.

This brought back memories of an old lumber camp bottle dump I found back in about 1970. I took lots of neat bottles out of it but for some reason they were so brittle they just fell apart.

Today I believe a new house sits on the spot.

If I were you, I'd get back out to that spot with a shovel and detector.

Badger

P

peg legged

For the bottle collector.
If you are ever in the Titusville Florida area you need to take a little trip out Garden Street-about 1/2 mille west of the Dixie Crossroads Eatery.
Behind a chuch on the south side of the street there is an old bottle dump. In fact the old Cocoa Cola company used to dum here. But it was way before there was a Coke bottling plant. There are plenty of Cobalt blue bottles to still be recovered.
Have a nice venture.

OP
OP
Getty

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just cant believe it! 1140 views on this post.NICE!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions