Dreams do come true WaHoo!!

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
My heart about stopped when I dug this late 20th century tab. I had to stop and take in all it's glory. It shows what a little research and determination can do. This was my best hunt all day. So don't ever let it be said a site is all hunted out. I got this baby about four inches down with a VDI at around 31 on a Whites machine. After I dug this after about five minutes The finds just kept coming. I know there will be some naysayers out there, but it is all due to a little luck and research.

Hey keep the passion high

Attachments

• 0928001750.jpg
    0928001750.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 4,894
  • CIMG0339.JPG
    CIMG0339.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 4,871
Upvote 0

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmmm...Tommy although seemingly uncirculated that tab is no comparison to the banner find posted by Ticm - first of all the rivet on yours is much more contemporary...and there's no taper on the tail - everyone knows that the two semi-circles around the rivet is the "common" variety.

Re Lennon - figures he'd pull out the U.S.H.I.T card! ::) Guy seems just a bit too full of himself if u ask me - bringing in the big guns like that to try and make a point....sheesh! ::) >:(

dirtfishing

May 28, 2005
Everywhere
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
tommyboy72 said:
Nice Find!!! Too bad the one I found today under the leaves in the woods is in Uncirculated condition!! LOL!!!!
While it is truely rare to find them in uncirculated condition, unfortunately the Busch Tabs are as common as Zinc Lincolns, would have stopped my heart though if I had seen the top first, before the Busch Logo!!............That's kind of like finding a 1958 Plain Wheat.

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm so glad you found the 'missing link' to my college days tab collection(many, many moons ago) that was strung all over the sorority house like a daisy chain. We've been looking for it for years, and the only sensible thing to do is return it back to campus. Your heirs and assigns will understand and respect you for it, and we can all gather around at Homecoming and sing, "Kum Ba Ya." :laughing7: Breezie

PS: That pencil eraser end is a looker too!

Oh, I almost forgot to ask, Has anyone seen my purse?

Attachments

• TabPurse.jpg
    TabPurse.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 2,055

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now go back and grid the area very slowly. Believe it or not but there actually may be more there.

You might even be able to get your story published in the W/E Treasure magazine. Big congrats man!
;D

Syrena Hunter

Nov 30, 2004
Palm Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Minelab Excalibur-800
Cobra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with richm, a pull tab means the machines working. It also means I'm in the right spot.....where there is a pull tab, there was a finger...with maybe a ring on it or a pocket with maybe some change or a neck with a necklace... ;D ;D

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
theres only one problem you have to dig up a bunch of those pesky gold rings before you get one of those. they come up the same vdi. ;D willy

Mike Moutray

Nov 18, 2007
St. Louis, MO. / Naples, FL.
Detector(s) used
Explorer2/Excalibur
Just a quick note for everyone's consideration:
You had better get out and dig as many of these priceless gems as you possibly can.... while it is still LEGAL to do so. Our idiotic government has gotten recent court cases to apply the 1979 ARPA laws to objects only 50 years old. The pulltab was invented in 1962..... that was 48 years ago! :o By my calculation, they will start shutting down all public parks and arresting you and confiscating your detector for digging one of these priceless, historic artifacts in 2 more years! :o :o :o :o
You think they were tough on the people caught hunting the Civil War battlefields??? Hah!!
That was child's play..... :laughing9: :laughing9:

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
I would have that baby mounted and I would wear it as a necklace! Show it off but have it insured!!!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you decide to clean it--and do so CAREFULLY!--you might wish to try the peroxide method. I would try that first to remove the dirt, but then I Strongly suggest that you send it off to be professionally restored.

That is one KILLER find there! :notworthy:

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first soda cans to have pull-tabs were RC Cola and Diet Rite Cola in 1964. Soon to be 50 years old and REAL archeological artifacts! :thumbsup: :laughing7:

Azman-1

Oct 4, 2006
ticm said:
My heart about stopped when I dug this late 20th century tab. I had to stop and take in all it's glory. It shows what a little research and determination can do. This was my best hunt all day. So don't ever let it be said a site is all hunted out. I got this baby about four inches down with a VDI at around 31 on a Whites machine. After I dug this after about five minutes The finds just kept coming. I know there will be some naysayers out there, but it is all due to a little luck and research.

Hey keep the passion high

Well look at it this way. Perhaps in 200 yrs. or so it WILL be considered a relic....
What would our ancestors think of us if they knew we went 'gaga' over digging in their 'privies'... ::)

Geek Squad

Mar 26, 2009
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett GTAx 1000 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one. Still looking for my FIRST ONE. HA HA

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U will have it cleaned by a pro right? I dug one once but it was HOLED :'( I was devastated I can only open a hole now after years of intense therapy and under the influence of a strong sedative.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A Public Apology To Lennon631

After a bit of a restless sleep last night (could not stop thinking about this tab), I contacted an esteemed expert today in said tabs and I do indeed stand corrected and want to apologize to Mr. Lennon! This is indeed a Fesca tab (Flavorious Frescus), BUT it's one of the incredibly rare OVERSTRIKES of a Coca-Cola tab (Coca Colarious I), which is what really threw me off -- having never seen one of these rarities before. I sincerely hope that Lennon631 has not retired from the forum as anyone who has achieved membership in the prestidious organization U.S.H.I.T. certainly has my utmost respect and admiration! Thank-you Lennon631 for your salient and sage insight :notworthy:

lennon631 said:
I am growing VERY very weary of ALL you fools who claim to know what the hell you're all talking about. I have been a member of the Unionized Society Historical Identity Tabs since 1968 and after a scrutinized look at this gentlemen's tab there is no doubt that it is a Fresca can tab, although hard to come by it is NOT to be confused with the Coke cans of 72'+. There ARE traces of plastic liner on the edges, which are INDEED classic to Fresca from 1967-79. I hereby retire myself from this forum to spare me from ANYmore foolish debates...

CowboyKolo

Nov 11, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
White Eagle Spectrum
You know....I think this awesome tab find will go down in T.H. history
as the most amazingly well hit posts of all time. 101 posts at present,
and still growing?

dirtfishing

May 28, 2005
Everywhere
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
I just sold my Explorer II and Etrac to put a down payment on the new machine Minelab is coming out with for 2011. The Tabbug 1000 discriminates out all those useless high conductive signals, and zones on on those low ferrous signals giving you the best chance of finding one of those rare treasures. Yes you will still have to dig a bunch of Nickels and peskey Gold Jewelry, but early field tests have said it's deadly on Tabs! I can't wait to get my hands on this Baby!! :icon_thumright:

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer
Well.............................ok.............apology accepted, I just get upset when KNOW IT ALLS steer others in the wrong direction! I guess I might have gotten a lil' too upset too. "C'mon let's go play stickball"! :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread