Dreams do come true WaHoo!!

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
My heart about stopped when I dug this late 20th century tab. I had to stop and take in all it's glory. It shows what a little research and determination can do. This was my best hunt all day. So don't ever let it be said a site is all hunted out. I got this baby about four inches down with a VDI at around 31 on a Whites machine. After I dug this after about five minutes The finds just kept coming. I know there will be some naysayers out there, but it is all due to a little luck and research.

Hey keep the passion high

Attachments

• 0928001750.jpg
    0928001750.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 4,893
  • CIMG0339.JPG
    CIMG0339.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 4,870
Upvote 0

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a pretty sweet find. Don't forget that beside research and determination there is also a bit of luck involved in this great hobby. You sir were able to swing your coil exactly over your target and it appears that you were able to excavate it without damaging it. ;D

richm

Apr 30, 2009
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, no joke, I,m happy when I find a pull tab. I know my machine is working and any one could be a ring ;D

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That find is 1 in a billion !! ;D ;D ;D ;D MaineRelic

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not sure that I can take credit for this idea (wish I could !) But I like to think of pulltabs as
links on a chain that eventually lead to a gold ring - Now I've only been metal detecting for 3+
years , but my 8 gold rings , have all been in a pulltab or nickel range - 14 - 22 VDI on White's
MXT. Cheers , Argentium.

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Duuuude, I know this is taboo, but where the heck did you find that and did you recheck the hole I hope?
Congrats....... :hello2:

staydetuned

Aug 27, 2007
San Francisco, California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Nice tab, but too bad about the scratches... I know it's easy to get excited when you see the aluminum rim shining in the hole, but you really need to be careful about putting microscopic dirt scratches on the prize when field-cleaning. It could very well be a low production, key can.

That said, congrats on some nice keepers; and a pretty good ratio to the coin trash. Really like the vintage cap too, it still has some nice mint ruster.

Keep the passion high!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CurbdiggerCarl57 said:
Was it caught in a catch and release area?

There is not a catch and release program for pull tabs if you catch one you need to dispose of it properly or it will haunt you for life following your coil around blocking the gold!!!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

HH chug!!!
If you are pulling up the beaver tails gold is coming soon!!!! Just make sure you take pics!!!!

KRAZYHORSES

Aug 17, 2010
i was thinking of starting a post "show your favorite dug pull tab" that way everyone could post krazyhorses

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ALRIGHT a PULLTAB! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :occasion14: :wav: :wav:

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
I am not sure about this. Everybody is bragging about your so called find. ;D It looks too good to be true to me. Could you have planted that excellent tab. I have never seen one dug in that good of shape. I am going to give you the benefit of a doubt and vote banner. ;D I enjoyed this post.
Dman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread