Plowed under - day 1 of 2

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
This is actually from a couple weekends ago (hope I am not breaking any rules) but it was my best experience this year so I wanted to share it. It was also my first time out this year.

I just moved here last summer and in the late fall I noticed a site that had promise. It used to be a cider mill, driving range, and had a putt-putt golf course up from by the main road. Well, times as they are, they have built a new subdivision on the back side of the property in the last year claiming all but about one acre by the road. In the late fall they plowed under the buildings and putt-putt course and a new strip mall will be going in here. During halloween, just before the demolition, they had a haunted house thingy set up on the far west side of the property. An area of about 50 feet wide and 125 feet deep to the back side of the property, right to the area where the first new yard starts in the new sub. I guess they has this the past few halloweens according to my wife. This was the only strip of land on the site that had not been bulldozed under yet. They removed all the topsoil and re-contoured the rest of the property.

I could see what was going to happen next. Final construction would happen soon and this little strip of land would be unavailable to hunt soon. So Saturday afternoon I went there hoping for the best and it really paid off. This hadn't appeared to be searched recently and I lucked out big time. I was finding a lot of recent coins and then about an hour in, a nice men's 14K gold wedding band greeted me. There are 10 - .15ct diamonds in it. 1.5 cts total! It was only about 2 inches down. It actually fits me perfectly also, an added bonus. A while later, I also found a nice heavy sterling Bear charm. I also found a large almost new pipe wrench, still bright red with just a little rust (cleanable) in the gear mechanism. Day 1 ended with $4.84 in clad and my nice jewelry finds pictured below. (I am still trying to get better photo quality. I am new at taking digital pics, sorry) I will post another thread with my last days finds there.

Sadly, I was correct, this site is now completely plowed under and construction of the strip mall has started. So I guess I seized the moment.

My new wife and my step sons where really interested in metal detecting now after seeing what I had found in a couple hours.

Smiles!
BDoo

Attachments

• Day 1 of 2 pic 1.JPG
    Day 1 of 2 pic 1.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 598
  • Day 1 of 2 pic 2.JPG
    Day 1 of 2 pic 2.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 598
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread