Five Silver Day in Indy

dirtfishing

May 28, 2005
Everywhere
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Hey All, haven't posted for awhile, as my job has been nuts all year, (I'm a traveling Contractor for two of the largest Retailers in the U.S.). I finally got put on a laid back job that gives me time to do some hunting. I am in a different town almost every day, but have my weekends off, so have started hunting in the past week. On the way from the Office to the start of my Route in Illinois, I stoped at a small town in Iowa, it was blazing hot, and I didn't hunt long, but fount two Indians in one hole. 1873 & 1879. Got out for about an hour in a South Chicago Park and found the 1952 Franklin Half. Today I hit a random park in Indianapolis, and got five Silvers and nine Wheats, as well as a smashed three ring minnie., old watch, and a Eagle Cuff Button. The Dimes were a 1947, 48, 53, 54, and the last one I dug was a 1910 Barber. The Park was established in 1929, so the Barber surprised me. Got a few decent Wheats, 1910, 1910s, 1919s, 1920 etc. 24 Wheats total, Two Indians, and Seven Total Silvers for my first week back hunting. I'll be in the Cincinatti area the next few days, and Ohio all next week, so hope to have some more good finds to share................Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• Road Coins 002.JPG
    Road Coins 002.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 411
  • Road Coins 005.JPG
    Road Coins 005.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 410
Upvote 0

ducktrapper

Nov 24, 2009
NW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202 with 10" coil, Garrett Pro-pointer.
That is more finds that I will get in a year! :laughing7:

I think I saw that park in Indy when I was there in August on vacation (not metal detecting). If it wasn't the same one, then there is at least one more in that city worth hunting, I'm tellin' ya!

BURLIVES

Apr 14, 2009
Northeastern Pa.
Detector(s) used
CZ 6a
Some great finds there!...FYI, a few Barbers and Indians were actually in circulation into the early 50's... so a 1929 park with a worn Barber isn't that unusual. As A kid I remember getting worn Standers in circulation in 1964 when I started collecting!

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread