My precious roman gold carnelian seal intaglio...an amazing experience... - Page 14
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: My precious roman gold carnelian seal intaglio...an amazing experience...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2011
    Dalton,Ga.
    Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
    457 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: My precious roman gold carnelian seal intaglio...an amazing experience...

I'm glad everyone else has spoken about this find......I can't think of the words to, Congratulations on a once in a lifetime find
    yo6oej likes this.

If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams-

ro
    “You laugh at me because I am different, but I laugh at you because you are all the same”.

Aug 2008
    Toplita , Romania
    Garrett GTI 2500 & Pro Pointer / Detech EDS Plus II
    497 times
    Banner Finds (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Taranis
    Congrats my friend!

Particularly i like it, that the circumstances were announced on a Hungarian language.
    Thanks Taranis

It's a normal attitude as a museum and other institutions and places, shops, cultural institutions, etc., a multicultural area as the province of Transylvania / Erdély like be used languages ​​of those who live here...

ro
    “You laugh at me because I am different, but I laugh at you because you are all the same”.

Aug 2008
    Toplita , Romania
    497 times
    Banner Finds (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard
    Completely outstanding,sure would like to wear this ring may it be for only 5 minutes, congrats. Wow again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunrunner61
    I'm glad everyone else has spoken about this find......I can't think of the words to, Congratulations on a once in a lifetime find
    Many thanks

Nov 2011
    Pannonia
    Garrett AT PRO INTERNATIONAL (Nel hunter)
    271 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Greetings. Up Romanian, Hungarian, Székely you, my respect for having the maximum You have moved down to the museum. One such is life. Ossi

Üdvözletem .Akár román, magyar vagy, székelyek vagytok ,maximális tiszteletem amiért le adtátok a muzeumnak . Egy életben egy ilyen van . ossi

Salutări. Up română, maghiară, Székely vă, respectul meu pentru că suma maximă pe care s-au mutat în jos pentru a muzeului. Un astfel de viaţă. Ossi

Attached Images Attached Images   
    yo6oej likes this.
    "1100 years ago in the middle of Europe "

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...looked-me.html

us
    Sep 2011
    New Hampshire
    Whites Classic5 ID White's Surf Master II with the dive rod Garrett Treasure Ace 350
    276 times

Awesome find and the epitome of why we all detect...I want to personally thank you for following the laws of your country and doing exactly as they ask because in doing so you have preserved the hobby of detecting in your country for years to come. I don't speak or read your language but the write up by the government is far better than anything I could have done on my own if I found it, and it is all done very boldly for generations of your countrymen and school children to enjoy. You sir are a true ambassador of this wonderful hobby.

Thanks for sharing this piece of history with all of us.
    yo6oej likes this.
    Matt...aka...Lucky!

This find is like a HUGE bar of Chocolate...you have to keep coming back for more

SS
    yo6oej likes this.
    Don't piss down my back, then tell me it's raining.

Charter Member

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
    5326 times
    Prospecting

Fan-freakin'-tastic find!!

All the best,

Lanny
    yo6oej likes this.
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' sassy nugget gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

ro

Aug 2008
    Toplita , Romania
    497 times
    Banner Finds (4)

Quote Originally Posted by ossi
    Greetings. Up Romanian, Hungarian, Székely you, my respect for having the maximum You have moved down to the museum. One such is life. Ossi

Üdvözletem .Akár román, magyar vagy, székelyek vagytok ,maximális tiszteletem amiért le adtátok a muzeumnak . Egy életben egy ilyen van . ossi

Salutări. Up română, maghiară, Székely vă, respectul meu pentru că suma maximă pe care s-au mutat în jos pentru a muzeului. Un astfel de viaţă. Ossi

Thanks / Köszönöm

We are of different nationalities but we are passionate about the same things and we are glad that we found something that can be proud history museum in Targu Mures / Marosvásárhely

Bye

ro

Aug 2008
    Toplita , Romania
    497 times
    Banner Finds (4)

Re: Tiberius intaglio ring

Quote Originally Posted by bobleyland

I knew this exceptional ring at The Metropolitan Museum of Art and was the only great work that resembles what I found in its form, the accuracy of the image, the type of gemstone...There are several reasons to believe that I found came from the hands of engravers who have learned this art from Discourides...Very nice ring that belonged to the Emperor Tiberius.It seems that the famous engraver does not work for everyone...
    Thanks for posting "bobleyland" !
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links