Inside the demo track...1901

Deerhunter24

Jul 1, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; Garrett GTI 1500
There is a local fairgrounds where I live and inside the demo track is the best/worst spot to detect there. It's the worst spot because there is so much metal in the ground that I swear your ears hurt after an hour or two bcause of all the beeps. It is also already very tough ground to dig in, but by July 1st it will be damn near impossible to dig in. However, it it nice because you will make good finds in there...and often very shallow because they do move the dirt around once or twice a year.

Went up there for 3 hours and I just got home. Dug probably 50 targets. 3 coins. 2 zincs and a 1901 Indianhead penny that was literally on the surface. Well, about 1/2 of it was sticking out of the ground. Anyway, I am headed back up there now because one of my other detecting friends is headed up there. I'll let u know what else we find...if anything.

It's 5:00 now in Michigan. I should be back by 7 or so. Might not be able to post results until tomorrow, but I'll let u know if we extract any more goodies.

Deerhunter24

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Deerhunter24

Deerhunter24

Jul 1, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; Garrett GTI 1500
Went back for another 1.5 hours. Didn't find nothing good. Just a clad dime and 4 pennies. Rick found a 1907 Indianhead though.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you have continued good luck. Tsgman

S

southbound

Sounds like a nice spot to detect. Congrats on the IH.
Vern

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
COngrats DH
One IH is kind of worth it
but I know what you mean
with the Michigan packed summer soil
in places like this. A lot of work!

Smiles!
BDoo