Digging in the Tear -Downs

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Hunted an old part town this week that they are doing tear-downs.
Dug the first thing right off the bat,... trouser hanger...Says "Imperial Trouser Hanger Pynchon & Co. Philadelphia PA pat Nov 27, 00
Old ladies ugly flower pin (no marks) ,Nickel,dart end, token that I cant read,tiny glass tube,two keys or lamp keys, green Arrow Coal token, rosie dime, 3 in 1 oil bottle, glass stopper,ladies round brass pin with rhinestone in it,Mens cufflink,Silver crucifix with missing turquoise,The glass syringe,small brass leaf pendant, the cast iron P,watch case,gold necklace with two little gemstone booties on it,and on the very bottom , two pieces of a snap purse...found these pieces fifty feet apart and was just glad to find both.
Been a great week for finds for me ..will post different site finds later!

Attachments

• BST 3.JPG
    BST 3.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 453
  • BST 1.JPG
    BST 1.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 466
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
texaspapa111 said:
Now thats my kind of hunting, fantastic finds and no trash!! Way to go!!!
Trust me on this, I dig alot of trash . ALOT ...of trash. I have just learned not to drag it all home....or have I ???Did I mention I dig alot of trash?

Moon...I like to use alot of the stuff I find, so the cleaning part is easy compared to the digging. I am now searching for a new pair of knees.Or a pair that I can clean up nice!....

Seek.... The secret is to go slow. Very slow. I do have alot of patience,except for digging deep. I am probally leaving alot behind,because I dont like to dig deep. Teardowns are difficult...they are usually in cruddy neighborhoods, you cant actually enter the house,but most finds are near the back edges of the properties. Wire in the ground makes things difficult and I seem to find alot of that. Most finds are two to four inches . I usually look around and say :"If I was a kid....where would I play or build a fort?. The teardowns here are along a river bank,where they first started the town, so its alot of bank climbing also...and leather gloves are a must...

Lisa...Come Help me dig and we will find an "L" for you!.....

Smartin...I havent found a Doctors office on the Sanborn maps I am using, but I do see that one of the spots used to be a Chinese Laundry in 1885...

Boobydoo....I wonder where all the money is too?

I never ever see anyone else in my town metal detecting...ever. And I am all over the place....I ran into a elderly man a few weekends ago, who said he used to belong to a metal detecting club here about ten twelve years ago..And they hunted everything and everywhere every weekend. I often wonder if they all scooped the coins and left the junk for me.? LOL....

Attachments

• BST 2.JPG
    BST 2.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 218

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread