civil war relic?

caveman2

Jun 12, 2010
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
well me and my cousin "olekyground" went to a spot next to mammoth cave where an old house once set, i've detected here before, but all i would find is junk metal and cans. the owner told where the house stood exzatly, and my first find was a 1944 wheatie, about 15' away i got a signal that was hiting a penny and a dime. i dug it up, and it was my first mercury dime. in the same area i dug a 1906 ih penny. then i dug a hole and found this button looking thing. i told my cousin to look at it it had an X on it and he yelled "oh man!" he said that it was crossed drumsticks insted of a X, he said that it come off a drummer boy in the civil war. thanks for looking. let me know bout the button thing :headbang:

Attachments

• 10-14-10.JPG
    10-14-10.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 629
  • h.JPG
    h.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 615
  • uj76.JPG
    uj76.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 592
Upvote 0

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are crossed cannons and that button is 20th century. :icon_thumleft:

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
{Sentinel} said:
That is what I was thinking ..crossed cannons , artillery , Thanks Sentinel :thumbsup:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
{Sentinel} said:

WWI collar stud maybe? :dontknow:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
{Sentinel} said:

this is Jeff on Josh's computer.. :icon_thumleft:

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
{Sentinel} said:

Crusader may be correct WW I Pic of a WW I disc is similar but not exact :icon_scratch:, nice work by Jeff on Josh's PC :thumbsup: caveman , not CW but still a very nice find :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• WW I US Crossed Field Artillery collar disc.jpg
    WW I US Crossed Field Artillery collar disc.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 493
OP
OP
caveman2

caveman2

Jun 12, 2010
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
thanks, i told olekygroung when i dug it up that it didn't look like drumsticks, and now that i look at it is so obvious that there cannons ::) ::)

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:read2: Right on about that X mark. They are "Crossed Cannons" and not Drum Sticks. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
caveman2

caveman2

Jun 12, 2010
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
thanks, i'm gonna hit the spot again in a cpole days. the guy that lived in the cabin, owened the ticket booth thats still there, when floyd collins got trapped in the cave he would charge every 50cents to go back to see. he is supposed to have money buried somewhere. he made over a million dollars charging people to get in there. i hope i can find some 50 cent peices. i'll try to make a video. me and olekyground was gonna make 1 the other day, but his batterys went dead :icon_pirat: thanks for all the info. good hunting :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread