Local Park Yields MORE!

D

doyboy

I decided to hit that same small park in my town today. I focused on a specific area that I knew had a lot of different signals and hit it at different angles. I had no luck for 2 hours, but I stayed confident and PATIENT. I got many "jumpy" readings and dug a lot of junk, but I still knew there was more "good stuff" to be found. After the unproductive 2 hours passed by the coins started to pop out. The 1st old coin I found today was a "junky" reading that pinpointed at 3.5", so I dug it. It turned out to be a 1903 Indian Head. About 15 minutes after that I got another "junk" reading that read in the "Nickel" range. This target turned out to be a 1936 Buffalo Nickel. Lastly, about 5 feet to the left of the Buffalo I got another reading(5 inches) that I decided to investigate further. This target "showcased" the day: it turned out to be an 1864 Indian Head! This park has been kind to me in the last few months. I use many different tactics to find the coins everyone else missed. So, don't let anyone tell you that an area is hunted out!

Attachments

• Local Park D2.jpg
    Local Park D2.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 494
Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
real nice! thats a great park you have there!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Doyboy.

OP
OP
D

doyboy

Thanks for the replies. This park is super productive with old coins. The readings are never perfect, so one would need to adjust their ears to the sound of the old coins. The 1864 IH is the oldest coin so far that I have pulled out of this park. The date beat the 1891 V-Nickel I found there two weeks ago. I will be hitting this park for months to come until I find "Nothing" at all. I will focus on small areas at a time and investigation each signal. Wish me luck!

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats what I like about searching in familiar places. If you know there were old coins found there in the past, it pays to cover it again slowly and dig those iffy signals.
Nice coins!

froggy38383

Sep 27, 2005
Amen to that about an area being hunted out. One local park I have gone to has yielded for me a Queen Victoria 5 cent piece, a 1917 5 cent piece, a 1910 and 1911 dime, a 1927 1 cent and a buffalo nickel, no date.

As I go back there I am hoping to find even more good yields.

Keep up the good work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread