Got some more goodies today....

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out today with Lee and Jim from coinhunting.net to do some hunting over at Heekin Park here in Muncie. Boy do you have to work to find coins out there! I did manage a few goodies on the day though. I got my first ever clad half dollar, an 83D. I also got a copper ring that was fairly deep, so it has some age to it. And I got 2 green wheats, 1918 and 1919. It seems that half of all wheats I find that are older than 1940 are from 1919. Then I managed my oldest Buffalo nickel ever, a 1919. It was about 9 inches deep, but rang up as a solid, repeatable nickel signal, so I just had to dig it. The date is nicely raised, but you can't tell that in the picture. The other side is all green and crusty, as shown in the picture... any ideas on how to clean that? I don't want to just start scrubbing and clean away the buffalo since it does appear to have some good detail.

I ordered some nic-a-lene nickel cleaner the other day to clean up my no date shield nickels... should I used that on it? I'm not too concerned about any numismatic value here, I just like having the coins and the prettier the better.... kind of how I like my ladies ;)

The little buckle reads: "Boston Garter" and "Velvet Grip" Anyone have any ideas? I only kept it because it was rather deep and is still in great condition... I assume it's worthless... but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try my luck on here with.

Jim got 2 injuns out there and Lee got a 1913 wheatie and a 1965 5 Duetchland something or other? It's about the size of a half dollar.

Well here are some pics...

05-07-06.JPG

05-07-06-02.JPG

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds.

I use Nic-A-Date for buffalo Dates.
It Dosn't Bring out the Date on dug Buffalos too often Tho.

I'v never used to on Libertys.

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Sounds like and looks like you had a great hunt...congrats...Joe

newtocoinhunting

Jan 16, 2006
Nebraska, USA
bscofield6 said:
The little buckle reads: "Boston Garter" and "Velvet Grip" Anyone have any ideas? I only kept it because it was rather deep and is still in great condition... I assume it's worthless... but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try my luck on here with.

The buckle is probably from the same era as the Buffalo you found, likely not worth much but still another interesting find:
http://i3.ebayimg.com/04/i/06/fb/81/d6_1_sbl.JPG

M

Missouri Red

Well I am amazed that none of the ol guys like me told you what that cute little buckle is from....... :o it was on a garter belt to hold up a womans stockings. Way prior to panty hoses. Maybe from 1930 through 1955 is my guess. The clip would of had a fastener that had a round end that would be pushed through the wide part of the clip and slid down holding ths stockings in place. Cool items, even cooler when a guy got a little peak of a ladies stocking top and the garter clip ;D. he he he

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool garter belt clip. I found one in a CW camp. Tsgman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions