The not so great Items that never get Posted !!! 5- Gallon Bucket
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    **Bring History Back to Life**

Nov 2005
    Keep on Digging!
    MINELAB Explorer-II
    77 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (4)

The not so great Items that never get Posted !!! 5- Gallon Bucket

When it comes to metal detecting ! It can be frustrating. But then again it can be a day to remember when that nice piece of silver, or the rare coin find pops out of the ground , or even that nice gold ring with the nice diamond setting just staring back at you when your cleaning it off. Civil war items, Revolutionary war and War of 1812 , I can go on and on...... Spending hours researching , driving around looking for those great sites to hunt ....But when you find and detect these places what happens ....you just never seem to find that one nice piece or the second or even that third...You end up with a bunch of items or relics that just seem not to be what your looking for....! But not all sites are like that , just look at the great finds through out this forum ..Those are the finds we all seek and all the other stuff is what has to be dug to find those few nice keepers!!!

So now with all that said I though I would share a bunch of items that I dug over the last 5 to 6 years detecting cellar holes, parks, old foundations, farmfields and even some plain old back yards. These items are what was found at these sites and have been most likely never posted and just put away in some box , or like I have that 5 gallon Home Depot bucket...

Some of the pieces as you can see are old lanturn parts, pieces of lead,copper iron, pewter, aluminum, tin,brass,and who knows what other types of metal are in this pile. There are spoons ,forks,knives, even boy scout knives. Sleigh bell pieces, old hot wheels cars, tractor parts you name it, it is here most likely....So I hope you enjoy the other side of metal detecting....In order to dig those very nice and exciting old coins, gold rings and all those great Military finds ......You have to dig those item that just simpley get shoved in the corner of your pick-up truck or just that old box....We all have to go through the samething !!! The Seeker

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Items that never get posted ! 004 Medium Web view.jpg 
Views:	609 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	84596   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Items that never get posted ! 005 Medium Web view.jpg 
Views:	612 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	84597   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Items that never get posted ! 006 Medium Web view.jpg 
Views:	610 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	84598   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Items that never get posted ! 002 Medium Web view.jpg 
Views:	614 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	84599   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Items that never get posted ! 003 Medium Web view.jpg 
Views:	599 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	84600  

Keep on Digging!

us
    Supreme Chancellor

Oct 2005
    High Five!
    77 times

Re: The not so great Items that never get Posted !!! 5- Gallon Bucket

Wow... you have kept a lot of stuff! Most of that kind of stuff never even makes it to my car, it gets dumped in the first trash can that I see.

May 2005
    51 times

Seek,

nice collection.

I have a hard time giving up anything I find
    for the trash can. Keep getting dirty looks
    from the woman of the house.

have a good un..........
    In the academies many books, at the circus many sacks of peanuts, at the club rooms many cigar butts.

us
    Mar 2005
    Springfield, MO
    5 times

Wow, what a nice pile of relics, congrats

hh twister

Maverick

Hey Seeker, you are actually sitting on a gold mine there. The top business to be in right now is defense contracting. With all that stuff you can supply our military with all the shrapnel they need for thier explosive ordinance!

Jun 2005
    Washington state
    1 times

I just keep the little things that look neat. Fake jewelery, key chains, buttons, zippers etc. Going to make something with it all some day.

Maverick

Quote Originally Posted by Maggot
    I just keep the little things that look neat. Fake jewelery, key chains, buttons, zippers etc. Going to make something with it all some day.

Let me guess, you're going to build a robot to complete your plans for world domination!

Sep 2005
    Greenville NOrth Craolina
    1 times

where were you detecting at a garbage dump LOL well it was and interesting post any scrap metal (maybe a little money)

us
    Feb 2005
    Bavaria Germany
    Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
    170 times

Nice post Seeker! I've always thought that some day I'll setup a nice display case and some of that stuff will make nice accents to the finds. Looks like you might have several brass pieces that would clean up nicely. HH, Mike

hu
    Gypsyheart~ Queen of Rust

Nov 2005
    Ozarks
    289 times

Good Grief Hon...What are you doing with all of that ? And here I thought that you NEVER dug junk. Werent you giving me the business not too long ago about digging through alot of trash to get to my finds??
    Hmmmm......after I look through all your junk ...I see things that I would have called a "good Find" for me....and its sitting in your junk pile...wah...Excuse me as I go bang my head against the wall for a while!
    I go a great distance,while some are considering whether they will start today or tomorrow

us
    Tesoro Cibola

Jul 2005
    Massachusetts
    Tesoro Cibola
    15 times

Definetly not junk Theres some good relics in there looks like most of its early 1900's to 1800's too! Id gladly take it off your hands

BIG61AL

I CAN UNDERSTAND SAVING RELIC TYPE ITEMS BUT WHY SAVE PULL TABS? THOSE THINGS WILL STILL BE CONSIDERED TRASH A THOUSAND YEARS FROM NOW. DO YOU SAVE EVERYTHING YOU FIND?
    AL

us
    Apr 2006
    a few miles from the ocean
    Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
    14 times

I like the sleigh bells!! Some Cool stuff. My wife wonders what I plan to do with the broken brass faucet I brough home the other day. I think she is a afraid it is going to become part of her Mothers' Day gift somehow.... Happy Hunting.

us
    Looking for that ONE find.

Nov 2005
    South Central Kansas
    Etrac
    87 times

AMEN BROTHER!!!! Been there done that and still do'n it. I keep thinking I will sell my brass and copper some day. HH Burdie

us
    Jan 2005
    Choctaw Beach Florida
    Equinox 800 and 600, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
    1512 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (3)

That is a lot of stuff! Do you display anything? Lots of digs there ,I am amazed how fast you can get a pile of stuff. My problem is I can't throw anything away.
    God and country.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links