The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When it comes to metal detecting ! It can be frustrating. But then again it can be a day to remember when that nice piece of silver, or the rare coin find pops out of the ground , or even that nice gold ring with the nice diamond setting just staring back at you when your cleaning it off. Civil war items, Revolutionary war and War of 1812 , I can go on and on...... Spending hours researching , driving around looking for those great sites to hunt ....But when you find and detect these places what happens ....you just never seem to find that one nice piece or the second or even that third...You end up with a bunch of items or relics that just seem not to be what your looking for....! But not all sites are like that , just look at the great finds through out this forum ..Those are the finds we all seek and all the other stuff is what has to be dug to find those few nice keepers!!!

So now with all that said I though I would share a bunch of items that I dug over the last 5 to 6 years detecting cellar holes, parks, old foundations, farmfields and even some plain old back yards. These items are what was found at these sites and have been most likely never posted and just put away in some box , or like I have that 5 gallon Home Depot bucket...

Some of the pieces as you can see are old lanturn parts, pieces of lead,copper iron, pewter, aluminum, tin,brass,and who knows what other types of metal are in this pile. There are spoons ,forks,knives, even boy scout knives. Sleigh bell pieces, old hot wheels cars, tractor parts you name it, it is here most likely....So I hope you enjoy the other side of metal detecting....In order to dig those very nice and exciting old coins, gold rings and all those great Military finds ......You have to dig those item that just simpley get shoved in the corner of your pick-up truck or just that old box....We all have to go through the samething !!! The Seeker

Attachments

• Items that never get posted ! 004 Medium Web view.jpg
    Items that never get posted ! 004 Medium Web view.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 665
  • Items that never get posted ! 005 Medium Web view.jpg
    Items that never get posted ! 005 Medium Web view.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 667
  • Items that never get posted ! 006 Medium Web view.jpg
    Items that never get posted ! 006 Medium Web view.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 669
  • Items that never get posted ! 002 Medium Web view.jpg
    Items that never get posted ! 002 Medium Web view.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 669
  • Items that never get posted ! 003 Medium Web view.jpg
    Items that never get posted ! 003 Medium Web view.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 656
Upvote 0

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... you have kept a lot of stuff! Most of that kind of stuff never even makes it to my car, it gets dumped in the first trash can that I see.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Seek,

nice collection.

I have a hard time giving up anything I find
for the trash can. Keep getting dirty looks
from the woman of the house. ;)

have a good un..........

M

Maverick

Hey Seeker, you are actually sitting on a gold mine there. The top business to be in right now is defense contracting. With all that stuff you can supply our military with all the shrapnel they need for thier explosive ordinance! :D

M

Maverick

Maggot said:
I just keep the little things that look neat. Fake jewelery, key chains, buttons, zippers etc. Going to make something with it all some day.

Let me guess, you're going to build a robot to complete your plans for world domination! ;D

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice post Seeker! I've always thought that some day I'll setup a nice display case and some of that stuff will make nice accents to the finds. Looks like you might have several brass pieces that would clean up nicely. HH, Mike

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Good Grief Hon...What are you doing with all of that ? And here I thought that you NEVER dug junk. Werent you giving me the business not too long ago about digging through alot of trash to get to my finds?????
Hmmmm......after I look through all your junk ...I see things that I would have called a "good Find" for me....and its sitting in your junk pile...wah...Excuse me as I go bang my head against the wall for a while!

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Definetly not junk :o Theres some good relics in there :) looks like most of its early 1900's to 1800's too! Id gladly take it off your hands ;D

B

BIG61AL

I CAN UNDERSTAND SAVING RELIC TYPE ITEMS BUT WHY SAVE PULL TABS? THOSE THINGS WILL STILL BE CONSIDERED TRASH A THOUSAND YEARS FROM NOW. DO YOU SAVE EVERYTHING YOU FIND?
AL

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
I like the sleigh bells!! Some Cool stuff. My wife wonders what I plan to do with the broken brass faucet I brough home the other day. I think she is a afraid it is going to become part of her Mothers' Day gift somehow.... ??? Happy Hunting.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AMEN BROTHER!!!! Been there done that and still do'n it. I keep thinking I will sell my brass and copper some day. HH Burdie

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a lot of stuff! Do you display anything? Lots of digs there ,I am amazed how fast you can get a pile of stuff. My problem is I can't throw anything away. :-\

poptopking

Feb 6, 2005
southern middle Tennessee
I own a small antique store in Lynchburg Tennessee. I have a wooden box labeled local dig finds $1.00. It is amazing how many items I sell out of that box. Just for fun I drop a few nice civil war bullets in the box. It is fun to see a collectors eyes light up when they find them. When the box gets low, it is a good excuse to go out and dig more junk

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK Seeker....
....when did you find the time to get pictures of all my junque! :D

Actually.....your junque looks a lot nicer than my junque! ;D

;)

TimmyNY

Nov 28, 2005
Western New York
He seek if you ever have to replenish your bucket just look in the back of my truck. I usually clean it out when it gets about 4 inches deep. ;D about once a year

Tim

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Alot of cool old stuff there....The bells deserve a better home....H.H.....Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread