Florida Vacation Produces Gold And Silver!

Digger62918

Sep 28, 2009
Carterville, IL.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-70 Pro , Fisher CZ-20 , Minelab Explorer SE
Just returned home from Florida. I was lucky enough to escape from work for a few days and go metal detecting with a few friends (Camb1 And GLD777) along the Florida Gulf coast. The weather was gorgeous, the water was warm and the eye candy was plentiful! Unfortunately almost all the beaches we detected were heavily sanded in, which means few targets. Despite the deep sand I was still able to bring home some nice keepers. I found several pieces of cool silver jewelry and charms, and one Very nice 14k ring with a large Emerald surrounded by 12 diamonds. Had the ring checked out and all the stones are real :icon_thumleft:

Also pictured below is a group photo of some Tnet members that met up to detect at Siesta Key. From left to right Debbie (cntrydncr1) then Jim (GLD777) Then Doug (Doug Turner) then Bruce (camb1) then Bill (floridabill) then Me (digger62918) and last Pete (Erikk)

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 5,035
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 5,034
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 5,009
  • 51.jpg
    51.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 5,043
  • 50.jpg
    50.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 5,012
  • 52.jpg
    52.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 5,021
  • IMG_3631.jpg
    IMG_3631.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 5,025
Upvote 1
OP
OP
Digger62918

Digger62918

Sep 28, 2009
Carterville, IL.
Detector(s) used
Erik in NJ said:
Great find and congrats on the banner. A high quality emerald can be quite valuable - have an expert in emeralds look at it (I have a contact here in NJ) if u want it.

Nice group pic! I almost hooked up with floridabill a couple years ago when in Fla -- nice guy!!

Thanks Erik,
I will definitely have an expert check it out! I met Floridabill for the first time on this trip, he' s a pretty nice guy. If you are ever down in Tampa Clearwater area definitely hook up with him.

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Amazing finds, I found a 10K gold ring with large ruby and small diamonds on a lake beach, it has the same band style yours does.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the gold & silver, it's very elusive sometimes off the Gulf sands. :icon_thumright:

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one pretty ring congrats on that and the banner,

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you dont reside here, possibly you wont have the same territorial traits that so many of us do.. Did you find all that around or at Siesta Key?
I have hunted that beach 3 times, very few targets, only one small silver ring... Very nice beach though..
Congrats on making banner!

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
now that is a vacation I think everybody here would like to go on
congrats on the banner

OP
OP
Digger62918

Digger62918

Sep 28, 2009
Carterville, IL.
Detector(s) used
Silver Surfer said:
Since you dont reside here, possibly you wont have the same territorial traits that so many of us do.. Did you find all that around or at Siesta Key?
I have hunted that beach 3 times, very few targets, only one small silver ring... Very nice beach though..
Congrats on making banner!

I found the Emerald Ring and a Silver toe ring, an earring at Siesta Beach. There were about 10 of us hunting the beach that day, I was the only one that ended up with any type of jewelry....Just got lucky I guess. But yes there are Very Few targets at that beach! I imagine it gets hit heavily daily by detectors.

lidigger

Sep 4, 2010
Savannah, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur, White's BeachHunter 300, White's Prizm IV, White's Bullseye II Pointer (x2)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, you just paid for your trip, your food, your detector.... :icon_thumright:

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
that emerald/gold ring is the tops. I've got a ruby,diamonds,turquoise,saphires,and even a jade ring but no emerald yet. enjoy the spoils of your labors and thank you so much for posting I truly enjoyed it.

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Prizm IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer
I got to see this ring in person today and let me tell everyone, it is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

Congrats on making the Banner Justin!!!!

The emerald ring you found is the first banner item I have ever got to see in person. Hopefully we'll kind some banner-worthy goodies in the spot I'm taking you tomorrow!!!
it's old and has never produced a coin newer than 1899!! We have finally got some rain and hopefully we can find some more Seated dimes, half-dimes or even better, GOLD Coins!!!!!!

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic! Some great looking items. You done good! Like the group pic, yall had fun :thumbsup:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that Emerald is a very nice clear color. Fantastic find sounds like you guys had fun. Nice!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread