Florida Vacation Produces Gold And Silver!

Digger62918

Sep 28, 2009
Carterville, IL.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-70 Pro , Fisher CZ-20 , Minelab Explorer SE
Just returned home from Florida. I was lucky enough to escape from work for a few days and go metal detecting with a few friends (Camb1 And GLD777) along the Florida Gulf coast. The weather was gorgeous, the water was warm and the eye candy was plentiful! Unfortunately almost all the beaches we detected were heavily sanded in, which means few targets. Despite the deep sand I was still able to bring home some nice keepers. I found several pieces of cool silver jewelry and charms, and one Very nice 14k ring with a large Emerald surrounded by 12 diamonds. Had the ring checked out and all the stones are real :icon_thumleft:

Also pictured below is a group photo of some Tnet members that met up to detect at Siesta Key. From left to right Debbie (cntrydncr1) then Jim (GLD777) Then Doug (Doug Turner) then Bruce (camb1) then Bill (floridabill) then Me (digger62918) and last Pete (Erikk)

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 5,035
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 5,034
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 5,009
  • 51.jpg
    51.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 5,043
  • 50.jpg
    50.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 5,012
  • 52.jpg
    52.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 5,021
  • IMG_3631.jpg
    IMG_3631.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 5,025
Upvote 1

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The gold and emerald ring is Beautiful!!!!!! Congrats!!! Could you post a detailed pic of the one i cut and posted It is very nice also!!! Chug

The owl is great also!!!

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    7.5 KB · Views: 5,050

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super nice finds..love the emerald ring big time.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup: Real nice.
I've never done any beaches yet but, I'm going to get onto one real soon. :headbang:

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
cool hunt! i have a condo in sarasota so i know were seiesta key is and even talked to florida bill about detecting it. maby this winter. ;D willy

OP
OP
Digger62918

Digger62918

Sep 28, 2009
Carterville, IL.
Detector(s) used
dfx willy said:
cool hunt! i have a condo in sarasota so i know were seiesta key is and even talked to florida bill about detecting it. maby this winter. ;D willy

Siesta Key is by far the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. The water is super clear and the sand is extra fine with very minimal shells which makes fast and easy sifting. I would love to live in the Gulf area....maybe someday.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
wow, you ended up with a nice haul!! I would have been happy with one of those rings! I'm glad your emerald turned out to be real; I was pretty sure it would be. I like the braided silver ring too! congrats again on that gorgeous ring and it was nice hunting with you!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digger , I nominated your emerald ring find for BANNER !!! Because large emeralds are rather
rare (more than diamonds !) and they rarely show up on t-net - in appreciable sizes - and
this is a valuable find as well !!! Argentium.

OP
OP
Digger62918

Digger62918

Sep 28, 2009
Carterville, IL.
Detector(s) used
Argentium said:
Digger , I nominated your emerald ring find for BANNER !!! Because large emeralds are rather
rare (more than diamonds !) and they rarely show up on t-net - in appreciable sizes - and
this is a valuable find as well !!! Argentium.

Thanks Argentium! I really have no idea of the value of the ring. I took it to a jeweler to have it tested but didn't ask about the value :icon_scratch: I probably need to take it some where and get it appraised, just to satisfy my curiosity.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding ring Digger!!! What a beauty.
Congrats on making BANNER. Well deserved. :thumbsup:
Also, thanks for introducing us to some of the folks on TN. Great picture.
-MM-

fladiverdown

Aug 23, 2010
Congratulations :icon_thumleft: What a handsome group with a pretty gal. I doubt there is much left on those beaches after you folks stormed ashore :icon_pirat:
HH
Black Bart

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. That ring will look nice on some special ladies hand. Congrats on the banner.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find and congrats on the banner. A high quality emerald can be quite valuable - have an expert in emeralds look at it (I have a contact here in NJ) if u want it.

Nice group pic! I almost hooked up with floridabill a couple years ago when in Fla -- nice guy!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread