yesterdays finds ....todays questions

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Went back to the sidewalk tear-up I had checked earlier this week.there had been another seection removed but new concrete had already been poured in its place.It looked as though some of the original ground from around the old walk had been used to fill in around the new so I grabbed my detector and started swinging.Over the course of about an hour I covered the 30ft strip, both sides and recovered quite a bit of neat,worthless stuff.Right off I found an old bridle rosette.Then something that I thought was the back from an old pocket watch.Found several coins including two wheats and a 52 canadian,a deer brooch ,plated money clip with a solid copper mini 100 dollar bill,part of a 410 shotshell,an older childs ring, A Fisher Body tag and a thing that looks like a dish strainer but I think may be a part from an old phonograph reproducer.The questions I have are.....The ring has a saddle on each side ,is plated over copper and missing the centerpiece.Does this look like it may have been some type of character ring??(Tom Mix...Roy Rogers)........The Canadian nickle is a 1974.It came out of the ground looking shiney and new....and gold in color???...Any info on that one?? next is the piece I thought was the watch back.It is brass with decorative floral design but it is filled with lead????Any ideas??..One more ..The shotshell casing is a Western UMC 410 and has a decorative knurl design around it.Ive never seen one like this.Any info on date or other ????Thanks alot for looking....Heres the picks...And H.H....Joe

Attachments

• PICT0060.JPG
    PICT0060.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 375
  • PICT0061.JPG
    PICT0061.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 383
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Out of my territory on the IDs, LOL! HH, Mike

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry Jopher,can't help you with your Q.,but some really nice find's.Are you sure the "strainer" thing isn't a side plate to an old fly reel of some sort?Just wondering and good luck.HH!!

OP
OP
jopher

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
civilman1 said:
Sorry Jopher,can't help you with your Q.,but some really nice find's.Are you sure the "strainer" thing isn't a side plate to an old fly reel of some sort?Just wondering and good luck.HH!!
Totally possible CV.My guess was just a guess.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread